cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC - CTL does not match the configured TFTP servers -- need reset!

Richard Piskac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have trouble with CUPC 8. Presence 8.0.4. I tested all things, but i'm unable find solution.

Client say: Phone initialization has occured. CTL reset required.[1002]. In the core log from the CUPC is:

provider-runner] [ConfigService] [CUCMConfigSubService.updateCTL(633)] - CTL does not match the configured TFTP servers -- need reset!

but i don't know which CTL, and why CUPC use CTL for accessing tftp. I'm not using secure connection to the CCM.

Solution from release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupc/8_0/english/release/notes/cupc80.html#wp248810 is not working.

Has anybody some idea?

Risa

7 Replies 7

Richard Piskac
Level 1
Level 1

Some details for my trouble. Integration from CUPS and CCM from system troubleshooter is ok.
CCM has device type CUSF. But CUPC is not able connect to this softphone. CUPC client show error message from my first post. And in the core log from the CUPC are messages about softphone and downloading configuration file, but tftp connection failed. Log contain messages: Supplied TFTP address 192.168.10.3 is not in the CTL. // CTL does not match the configured TFTP servers -- need reset!
(same situation with hostname of CCM)

From release notes and description of this situation I tried erase old configuration from PC, but nothing change - same trouble.
Has anybody some idea, which CTL is used for authenticate tftp.

Thanks for response.
Richard

I think that is bug. Becouse I'm using connection with nonsecure sip profile. I try go back to the previous version CUPS.
Have you tried  CUPS 8.0.4?

R.

Oh no. Same trouble in version 8.0.2. CSFsoft phone has nonsec profile, but CUPC 8.0.3 is still looking for CTL. But I don't configure security and so I haven't any CTL file in the PC.

Have you some idea where a can uncheck using of security for softphone with nonsec profile? In the nonsec profile for device I have correct configuration.

Thank R.

Done. It is in my PC. I don't know why, but if i connect to my company CUPS all is ok and if i try connection to the customer CUPS I have trouble with tftp and CTL.

If I try connect to the customer CUPS from another PC all is working...

Some mistake is in my PC and configuration of CUPC. I tried uninstall and install CUPC but same trouble.

If you have same trouble, try another pc. If you know how to solve it, please send me message.

Thanks.

R.

You need to delete the CTL file that cached on the PC.  Sorry I forgot the exact location.  But it should be under %userprofile% folder.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi thank you for response,

this is also in the release notes. Correct location is: drive>:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications\Client Services Framework\Security\sec, but is depend on the OS settings.
CTL file (CTLFile.tlv) was deleted, I deleted also config files, but I have same trouble. I also tried uninstall CUPC, delete all local files from CUPC, but I have still same problem.
But if i connect to the my company CUPS, conection is also nonsecure and all is working. Do you know in which file is stored information about using CTL file?

Thans. Risa

Deleting the CTLFile.tlv worked for me.  In Win7, it was under %user%\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Client Services Framework\Security\Sec.

Thanks for the help.

J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: