Helpful
Replies

CUPC Desk Phone control not working

josh.l.anderson
Level 1
Level 1

I am receiving the following errors on my CUPC client:

* Device Error. Could not connect to Device Provider. [1201]

* A device initialization error has occurred. Could not connect to Device Provider. [1201]

I have ensured that the CCMCIP setting is in place as posted in this thread: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2093573

I also set the Registry Key and checked the Certificate Expiration as suggested in this thread: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2030254

Still no dice. Other users are working with CUPC 8.x clients without issue (somehow even without the CCMCIP setting). My CUPC client shows when I am on the phone, so that piece is working. My phone has my user ID associated with it, and my User ID has my phone as a CTI controlled device. My device has CTI control allowed, and my User ID is in the Standard CTI group. Not sure what else I am missing.

19 Replies 19

CUPS 8.5(3), which, according to Cisco, it is supported:

Table 6     Supported Cisco Unified Presence Integrations from Release 8.x 

Cisco Unified Presence Software Releases

8.0(1)

8.0(2)

8.0(3)

8.0(4)

8.5(1)

8.5(2) and 8.5(3)

8.6(1)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager

4.x

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

No

No

No

No

8.5(3)

Yes

Interesting scenario

A short explanation

When you login to your CUPC you get the list of all the devices that this user is supposed to control by logging in to CCMCIP service. You login with the same credentials you provided  when you logged in to your CUPC. In 6.1.2 the CCMCIP service is case sensitive although callmanager is not and hence you can partially login

Meaning you can see the 'on the phone' status while you are on the phone, but you cannot control the deskphone since you cannot login to CCMCIP.

In order to get a fix you need to upgrade to 6.1.4.1000-10

That's another reason to upgrade. Btw where did you get the above compatibility matrix? The release notes of 8.5 are pretty clear that the only 6.1(3) and above is supported.

Anyway glad we could solve this one

Regards,

Christos

Yes, we are planning a migration to 8.6, so it was decided to not spend any time on upgrades. The compatibiltiy matrix came from here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/compatibility/cupcompatibility8x.html#wp65733

Thank you everyone for your help!

Ah ok. This matrix refers to the CUP server not to the CUPC client

Anyway, glad we could help on this one!

Christos

Good point. Guess we lucked out since it seems to be working as is.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: