Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Mobility Failure

apanesar
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I have an issue with my CUPC when trying to 'Transfer to Remote Destination' for SNR functionality. The error message CUPC brings up is 'Could not transfer call to remote destination - Mobility failure.' The version of CUPC is 8.5.3.19248-6.2.66, and the version of CUPS is 8.5.3.10000-59.

There are no issues with SNR when working on normal desk phones, or even with CUPC operating in deskphone control mode.

Thanks

11 Replies 11

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Seen the post, but it doesn't mention the error I am receiving. The RDP is configured as descibed in post.

So when you dial the CUPC client, CUCM still does an outdial to its RDP number (PSTN Call) and this works correct?

Yes that is correct. If answer from mobile you can hand off back to CUPC, but you can't transfer to remote destination from CUPC. Mobility key on deskphones work with out a problem.

Session Handoff—This feature leverages the existing Cisco Unified Communications Manager experience by allowing the user to move voice, video, and meeting sessions and conversations between different Unified Communications clients, such as Cisco Unified Personal Communicator (running on a PC in Softphone as well as CTI control mode), Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator (running on a mobile phone), and Cisco Unified IP Phone Series 9900 and legacy phones that are running SIP.

The conversation can be moved from mobile phone to any other Unified Communications client. All devices that the user owns and that share the same line ring or show a toast, and the call gets answered by whichever device picks it up first. Upon answer, all the other shared-line devices enter Remote in Use mode. See the "Session Handoff" section<> for a detailed discussion.

Note that the only client that can actually hand off a session (because it is the only client that has an anchored DTMF path back to Cisco Unified Communications Manager) is Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator. Neither Cisco Unified Personal Communicator nor 9900 series Cisco Unified IP Phones can initiate a session handoff. These devices can, however, handle an incoming session handoff.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wp1245955

It looks like to me the CUPC can not do this be because of SIP. Your phones are SCCP.

I am not using any deskphones for the test (So no SIP or SCCP device). I have just got CUPC using CSF, and a PSTN remote destination configured. A call to my single number generates ringing on my CUPC client, followed by ringing on my mobile phone. If I answer call from mobile, and then hangup, I can retrieve call from the CUPC client. If I then try to transfer to remote destination from CUPC I get the Mobility Failure error. If this is not allowed why is it there as a feature?

Your phones are using SCCP i assume.  So when you repeat the same scenario with a deskphone or CUPC with deskphone control (CTI) it works fine.  But when you do this with the CUPC as a softphone, it is infact using SIP to communicate with CUCM.  There seems to be some sort of limitiation or issue on how a SIP end point handles the Session Handoff squence.  SCCP does not have an issue (clearly if you say it works with deskphones).   Id imagine if you were to configure a 79xx with a SIP and not SCCP, you may run into the same issue.

What version CUCM are you running? CUPS really does not having anything to do with this part of the issue.  Its the CUPC client initiating information to/from CUCM for the call retrival.

Please see extract from Cisco CUPC FAQ:

You can only switch calls to other phones that are configured as remote destinations. For example, you can specify your mobile phone as your remote destination. A phone that you specify as your remote destination is called automatically when your phone receives a call.

Remote destinations are configured in Cisco Unified Communications Manager. To switch a call to a remote destination, you must have your Cisco Unified Personal Communicator set to use your computer for phone calls. You can also switch a call to a remote destination in desk phone mode using the desk phone controls.

You must also have the appropriate configuration in Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

You can only switch calls to other phones that are configured as your remote destinations in Cisco Unified Communications Manager. If you are working desk phone mode, you must use the controls on your Cisco Unified IP Phone.

1. Select the down arrow in the Active Conversation window.

2. Select Transfer To>Remote Destination

It clearly states that 'Remote to Destination' feature is supported from a CUPC client.

CUCM version is 8.5.1SU1a.

I did not say it was not supported, I was saying something is fishy with what is going with the CUPC client how it handles the handoff.  Looking at the bug report, there is one that relates to this:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtq78408&from=summary

CUPC mobile connect handoff to remote dst fails
Symptom:
CUPC in Softphone mode, we are not able to handoff the call to the remote-destination.
CUPC  start the call and then send the call to mobile. Send Call to Mobile  Calls are failing due to an inconsistency in the Calling Number being  offered to the outbound gateway Calling party number is wrong, starting  with +, although additional transfromation is configured to strip it.
The calling party number is wrong and the call is not accepted by the SP

Conditions:
Seen in:
CUPC 8.5.1.17660-6.1.34
CUPS 8.5.2.10000-49

Workaround:
n/a

Hey Tommer,

Thanks for the bug, but unfortunately this does not match as I don't get any call attempts across the gateway for handoff. The error appears instantly on local CUPC client no call atempts.

Im out of options for you other than capturing the log files at cucm and see what the error cucm is throwing…. Maybe it’s a dial plan issue or application dialing rule issue or gateway… hard to say. Otherwise, open a TAC case…

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: