Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Picture

Emmanuel Vilela
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it normal that when a user makes a search or talk with a person in the photo the CUPC contact is saved in a folder ?

cupc.JPG

Is in the config folder create a folder with all the photos, how can I disable it ?

Thanks, regards!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

That's just the client caching the images. If you imagine you have 5000 presence users searching and logging in/out, they would all constantly be downloading the images of staff members over and over again.

Instead they are cached to disk - this is normal and would be a sensible design decision.

Perhaps you can describe the problem that this is causing for you?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

perrymcgrew
Level 1
Level 1

I would have to say yes.  I had a case where the wrong picture was being displayed for a user.  TAC was remoted in and was constantly deleting pics and the folder itself in trying to resolve the case.  I believe the pics are cached locally for performance reasons.  In the process of the troubleshooting there was no apparent way to selectively disable....the only way I can think of is to delete the AD mapping in CUPS (Applications -> Jabber -> Settings then UPC Filed: Photo) which would disable all pictures -- you'd likely just see a blank placeholder. 

Regards,

Perry

Hi,

Thanks for ur answer I will try

Regards

Hi,

Unfortunately it does not work when I remove the value that is in the fields photo, it no longer creates the folder that but I do not have any of avatar and I do not see the avatar of my contacts

Regards

Nobody ?

Regards

Hi

That's just the client caching the images. If you imagine you have 5000 presence users searching and logging in/out, they would all constantly be downloading the images of staff members over and over again.

Instead they are cached to disk - this is normal and would be a sensible design decision.

Perhaps you can describe the problem that this is causing for you?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

No problem for me but for my client yes, it would be deleted pictures with respect to the privacy of colleagues, I have proposed an alternative it is to create a script .bat that removes the files.

Thank you for your help

Regards