cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC status wont change from "Away"

flintdavid
Level 1
Level 1

As title suggests I have one user that has an issue changing his presence state. I have restarted and reinstalled CUPC to no avail. The state seems stuck on Away and will not go to available/invisible etc. Any ideas??

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does this user have Exchange calander integration turned on? If so, do they have an appointment in Outlook that is set to be Out of the Office?

If not, what version of CUPS is this? I seem to recall some issues with this in the 6.x train. You may want to restart the Presence service and see if that clears it.

Its version 7.0.2.13496, the user has calendar integration turned off, and I must emphasise that it seems to be just this one user out of approx 150. I've got a scheduled server reboot coming up in a week so hopefully this may resolve it.

gonatienza
Level 1
Level 1

David,

Were you able to solve this?

I have a similar issue with one user, but with the invisible status...

Cheers.

Yes, we have resolved this our end, we found a number of causes/fixes.

1. We rebooted our presence box, this fixed the issue but we found the problem returned after a few days.

2. We have a new Anti-Virus, Forticlient, that has a built in firewall, the user was testing this software. Something that we overlooked initially. We set the firewall to pass all from the presence box's IP.

3. As posted in the first reply remove the outlook integration and re-test. The original user had already done this but a few since have also reported that this has worked.

4. If you have rebooted your CUCM boxes recently whilst users were logged into phones, get them to logout and log back in. We have found that it refreshes the phone and solves a few issues.

Hope something here helps to solve your issue too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: