cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC - View Presence Status of IP Phone Not Logged-In or of Phone not Configured for CUPC

m.gravel
Level 1
Level 1

Version 8.5

I am trying to understand if in CUPC I can see the phone presence "reachablity" of either a CUPC user who is not logged into CUPC or of a user with a phone that is not configured for CUPC.

When I login to CUPC and look at a user in my list that I have added and have been approved by them I cannot see their phone status when they are offline.  If I also search for a user in the directory who has hard phone but does not have CUPC I cannot see the status of their phone either.

Is this presence capability available in CUPC?  If so are there any particular configuration changes that need to be made to make this work?

I have associated the DN's on the users phones with there user id in CUCM.

I haven't found anything in the user guide or deployment guide that would indicate this functionality is available (unless I just missed it).  Just wondering if this is possible.

I saw another post that said it was doable however they did not indicate how.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It would be necessary to have the following:

- user has the CUP capability enabled in CUCM

- the line appeareance of the line for the device you want to monitor has the end user associated (assuming using sip publish for presence between cucm and cup)

The user would not need to be enabled for CUPC.

Hi bvanturn,

I'm hoping you can help me with some information.

What does associating the User with the Line Appearance actually do?  Is it the sum total of the User's "Associated Lines" that forms the presence displayed in CUPC? I.e.  If a user has three extensions on different devices but wants to monitor only two of them, then can we simply not associate the user with his appearance of line three to exclude it?

Thanks a lot.  Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

David.