Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC8.5: Missing Outlook 2010 click-to-call add-in

Fabian.Flamme
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We installed several machines with Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 8.5.3 with all features, but experience difficulties with the click-to-call add-in for Outlook 2010 - it's missing.The click-to-call button is visible in every other Office application, but not in Outlook.

The folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Unified Personal Communicator\Click to Call\add-ins\Outlook\ does not exist.

I already searched the local disk for the cisco.clicktocall.outlook, but it's missing. So I was not able to manually add the add-in in Outlook 2010.

We installed CUPC 8.5.3.19248 latest release with all features.

I also tried reinstall, manual and silent installation on different machines, but the add-in for Outlook is still missing.

Till now we used Microsoft Office Communicator 2005, but even when I uninstall it the outlook add-in keeps missing.

Our environment:

Office: 2010 Standard x86

Do you need more information?

Hope someone can help us.

Regards

Fabian

9 Replies 9

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fabian,

Click to call on Outlook 2010 works in bit different fashion then on Outlook 2003 and 2007. It is more "integrated" into outlook. There is no visible plugin under outlook 2010. Please try doing a drop down on a contact from a email and just click on the phone icon. It should start a phone call using CUPC.

Another way to verify if the click to call even go installed is try to make calls from MSWord or MSExcel (doesn't necessarily indicates it is properly installed on Outlook, but just verifies if the click to call go installed on the workstation)

Thanks

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Does outlook need any configuration for the integrated click to call to work?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Hi

No, the plug in gets installed when you install CUPC. It's much nicer in 2007/2010 than 2003.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

I have installed "Click to Call" on my PC which has Outlook 2010 and for the Click to call button is visible but when i install CUPC i dont have it visible but I am able to dial it from the contacts page and its doesnt work in word 2010 as well.

Regards,

Gibin George

That's because CUPC installs its own Click to Call ( C2C ) plugin & there onwards it continues using it.

GP.

But when I install CUPC on Outllook 2007 the "Click to call" button is visible but not for outlook 2010.

Regards,

Gibin George

is that CUPC C2C ? May be a screenshot from Outlook 2007 & 2010 will help better understand the requirement.

GP.

Hello,

same here! We have a 32 Bit Environvent with a fresh installed Office 2010. During Setup a Outlook Add In was not provided. According the Messages above, the TAPI Interface dont't work.

Any suggestions what we can do?

sincerly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: