cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 6.0.5 Exchange 2007 calendar integration

Michael Gross
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with UCMBE 6.1.3 with CUPS 6.0.5 trying to connect to an Exchange 2007 server for calendar. Normal presence status information and IM is all working. The problem is with calendar status not appearing in the CUPC. The cert is installed and passes the troubleshooter.

The Exchange server is 2007 but is in mixed mode with 2003 due to a requirement for BES to work. I'm told FBA is disabled. I know I've read that 2007/2003 in mixed mode with FBA won't work, but I think 2007/2003 without FBA is supposed to work.

My user account can open other calendars and we've verified all the permissions from the Cisco documentation. Looking at trace logs it seems like CUPS is connecting to exchange but isn't seeing what it thinks it should.

Is the link Cisco provides in the older 2003 documentation (connecting to /exchange/user/calendar) supposed to work for 2007?

From what I understand in 2007 they've changed to /owa instead of /exchange, but /exchange is supposed to redirect to /owa for backwards compatibility. But /exchange for me isn't doing that.

There is something I'm missing here but am out of ideas at the moment.

Thanks,

Mike

25 Replies 25

Exchange authentication and mailbox are two different things.

If the Exchange server expected mailbox in user@customerdomain.com format, you may try this:

1) Go to CUCM Admin > User Management > End User. Search for user jlawless.

2) Make the Mail ID look like this: jlawless@customerdomain.com

3) On CUPS server > Serviceability, restart "Cisco UP Sync Agent" service.

4) On CUPC, uncheck and check the "show me as in-a-meeting" setting.

5) Run SQL command to verify the email ID has been updated:

run sql select selectorid from PEResourceProfile where selectorid like '%jlawless%'

6) Test the calendar feature and get PE logs again.

Michael

Thanks. I had set the Mail ID to jlawless@customerdomain.com in the UCM End User confguration back when you first mentioned Mail ID, so the last logs already have that setting.

But this is what I see when I run the sql command in CUPS:

admin:run sql select selectorid from PEResourceProfile where selectorid like '%jlawless%'

selectorid

=======================================

sip:jlawless@calendar.customerdomain.com

admin:

Is this normal or should it show up as jlawless@customerdomain.com?

Thanks,

Mike

That means the CUPS database has NOT been updated yet. Follow instructions below to force update:

1) Go to CUCM Admin > User Management > End User. Search for user jlawless.

2) Make the Mail ID look like this: jlawless@customerdomain.com

3) On CUPS server > Serviceability, restart "Cisco UP Sync Agent" service.

5) Run SQL command to verify the email ID has been updated:

run sql select selectorid from PEResourceProfile where selectorid like '%jlawless%'

6) Test the calendar feature and get PE logs again.

Michael

I did this and the sql query still shows jlawless@calendar.customerdomain.com. The SyncAgent logs show the update, so I'm not sure why it would still show the wrong address.

2009-03-03 09:43:45,489 DEBUG [pool-1-thread-1] sync.AxlClient - ------------update enduser set nickname='', ocsprimaryuseraddress='', mailid='jlawless@customerdomain.com', passwordreverse='', tkuserlocale='1', manager='', status='1', department='', lastname='Lawless', userid='jlawless', middlename='', tkuserprofile='1', firstname='Justin' where pkid='1bbc9b40-df0f-745a-d3f3-833461c9c1cb';

admin:run sql select selectorid from PEResourceProfile where selectorid like '%jlawless%'

selectorid

=======================================

sip:jlawless@calendar.customerdomain.com

admin:

Thanks!

Mike

Try step 4 one more time:

This should update the CUPS database.

Michael

Where did you guys go from here? I have very similar issue.

I have an open case with TAC on the issue. At this point I'm just waiting for my upgrade media to 7. The TAC is thinking I'm hitting a bug that was supposed to be fixed in version 6.0.5. Hopefully it is really fixed in 7.

Good luck with your issue.

I am running 7.0(3), but my problem is slightly different. The sip is formatted "user@domain.com@calendar.domain.net" but in CCM it is user@domain.com; it appears to be appending to the sip proxy domain which is domain.net.

Good luck.

That's the way it is.

The SIP SUBSCRIPTION would be in format of "mailID@proxydomain".

For example, if mail ID is johndoe@acme.com and proxydomain is acme.com, the subscription would be like this: johndoe@acme.com@calendar.acme.com.

This is normal.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

AD Integrated with CM Integrated with CUPS

Mail ID in AD "first.last@domain.com"

CM "first.last@domain.com"

Presense Database "first.last@domain.com@calendar.domain.com"

CCM Trace first@domain.com? What gives?

Also any insight on the below error?

ERROR <--ScalarUserForeignResource::createForeignResourceRecord non-calendar resource hostname starts with 'calendar.': calendar.domain.com

|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:5.5.5.5><:SPECIAL><:0800>

03/31/2009 21:27:59.956 EPE|system.pe.mvc 2099886 DEBUG resource not found

|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:5.5.5.5><:DETAILED><:0800>

03/31/2009 21:27:59.956 EPE|system.pe.mvc 2099886 DEBUG Leaving ScalarUserForeignResource::attach

03/31/2009 21:27:59.956 EPE|system.pe.mvc 2099886 ERROR Failed to attach view 3

|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:5.5.5.5><:SPECIAL><:0800>

03/31/2009 21:27:59.956 EPE|system.pe.mvc 2099886 DEBUG Subscription::attachToView: Leaving

03/31/2009 21:27:59.956 EPE|system.pe.mvc 2099886 DEBUG SubActive::attach: Leaving

Hi,

I'm meeting a similar issue (CUPS 7 with Exchange 2007)

ERROR ScalarUserForeignResource - No calendar folder found for sip:XXXXXXXXXXX

Did you solve your issue.

Thank you

Best regards