Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 8.5 / CUPC 8.5 LDAP Authentication using UPN

econstantinou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am experiencing a problem with CUPS and CUPC after changing the LDAP Authentication on CUCM from SAM to UPN. I proceeded with this change in order to support users on sub-domains under our AD Forest.

Please note that everything was working ok for users under the main domain before this change (LDAP Synch, LDAP search, IM, Video and Audio Calls).

The authentication part is ok – users need to add the “@maindomain.com” after their usernames.

The problems:

All previously added contacts appear offline on CUPC. When I try to re-add a contact (that is logged into the CUPC) via LDAP I have two results. The one is the user found from LDAP (like before) and appeared offline and the other something like user@maindomain.com@maindomain.com which is online.

I cannot send IM on the offline users but I can call him.

I can send IM on the online user (user@maindomain.com@maindomain.com) but I cannot call him – no phone associated.

Searching for the users (Contacts) on CUPS the location for user (user@maindomain.com@maindomain.com) is LOCAL while the other is LDAP…

I am really stack and help will be appreciated

Regarts

1 Reply 1

econstantinou
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: