cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 8.5 Multi-Domain contact search (CUPC 8.5)

juan.anzola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a large deployment where users are distributed in different LDAP domains. When i try to find a contact, i see all the users from my domain, but i can't see other domain's users. The requirement is that everyone should be able to add any other contact to the buddy list. is that possible?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Juan,

On top of what Jonathan asked, can you clarify what you you mean by different domains ?

Do you have users in two totally different domains ie

test1.com

test2.com

or do you have the users under differnet subdomains ?

europe.test.com

us.test.com

apac.test.com

If you mean the first scenario then this cannot be done AFAIK

For the second scenario you can search multiple locations using the #

This link can help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/presence.html#wp1084996

-------------------------------------------------------

LDAP Search Context

The ability to specify an LDAP filter to search an object class, which allows for the retrieval of only users and not computers from the directory, is done by appending &(objectclass=user) to the search context. For example:

cn=user,dc=example,dc=com;&(objectclass=user)

The ability to specify more than a single LDAP search context is done using a # as a delimiter in the LDAP Search Context field on Cisco Unified Presence Administration. An example of the supported format is:

ou=test,dc=example,dc=com#ou=testing,dc=example,dc=com

The Cisco Unified Personal Communicator will search both Organizational Units in order, 'test' then 'testing'.

Note that the LDAP search context field is limited to 255 characters; thus, the number of supported Organizational Units can vary, depending on the size and number of characters for each individual search context.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

HTH,

Christos

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you pointing CUPC at AD Global Catalog servers (ports 3268/3269)? A normal DC will not contain the entire forest schema.

Hi Juan,

On top of what Jonathan asked, can you clarify what you you mean by different domains ?

Do you have users in two totally different domains ie

test1.com

test2.com

or do you have the users under differnet subdomains ?

europe.test.com

us.test.com

apac.test.com

If you mean the first scenario then this cannot be done AFAIK

For the second scenario you can search multiple locations using the #

This link can help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/presence.html#wp1084996

-------------------------------------------------------

LDAP Search Context

The ability to specify an LDAP filter to search an object class, which allows for the retrieval of only users and not computers from the directory, is done by appending &(objectclass=user) to the search context. For example:

cn=user,dc=example,dc=com;&(objectclass=user)

The ability to specify more than a single LDAP search context is done using a # as a delimiter in the LDAP Search Context field on Cisco Unified Presence Administration. An example of the supported format is:

ou=test,dc=example,dc=com#ou=testing,dc=example,dc=com

The Cisco Unified Personal Communicator will search both Organizational Units in order, 'test' then 'testing'.

Note that the LDAP search context field is limited to 255 characters; thus, the number of supported Organizational Units can vary, depending on the size and number of characters for each individual search context.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

HTH,

Christos

Hi Christos,

Thanks a lot. I concatenate the differente search contexts using the # and it worked as expected.

regards,

Hi,

I'm running:

CUPS  8.6.1.10000-34

Jabber for Mac 8.6.1 (18300)

and having weird issues with the LDAP search context.

If I do:

ou=group1,dc=example,dc=com

or

ou=group2,dc=example,dc=com

it works fine, but if I do this...

ou=group1,dc=example,dc=com#ou=group2,dc=example,dc=com

It doesn't work.

Any thoughts, or suggestions?

Thanks,

Shaun

Working as design

Same for Jabber for Ipad ..

CSCue17283

Jabber iPad doesn't support multiple search bas
Symptom: Jabber iPad doesn't support multiple search base Conditions: customer has three LDAP search contexts and separating the search contexts with a # in CUP. ou=usersone, dc=domainone, dc=com # ou=userstwo, dc=domaintwo, dc=com # ou=usersthree, dc=domainthree, dc=com This configuration is working for CUPC and is also required in customers environment. Unfortunately we have recognised problems on Jabber-IPAD with this configuration. When we search a contact with just only one search base, directory search is working. When we search with three search bases directory search is not working. Workaround: NA
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: