Helpful
Replies

cups 8.6.4 on hp hardware - unsupported HW detected

rogierboeken
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i am trying to setup a trial install of cups

i have an HP DL380G5 with 1 quadcore xenon l5420 2.5ghz with 4gb of ram and 2x 146gb HD

according to this table

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/product_solution_overview09186a0080107d79.html

that is the equivalent of an MCS-7845-H2 server

when i look that up in this table

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/compatibility/cupcompatibility8x.html

it should work as i have more 4gb of ram and 2x 146gb HD

but during installer i get an message saying unsupported hardware

i am just doing a dump on usb drive to see what is written on there

i had the 2x 146gb hd configured in raid 1 (it had some old windows volumes on them) but have now deleted what HP call a logical drive so they are unconfigured. should i have these ready configured in raid 1 or will the installer and hardware check take care of this

am i reading these 2 tables incorrectly or should this work?

any advice would be hugely appreciated

best regards

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you only have one processor, it would be a 7835, not a 7845. Also, the Xeon 5140 is supposed to be 2.33GHz, not 2.5GHz as you have stated. The processor speed mismatch is probably what's throwing it off.

What isn't listed there is the RAID controller. If memory serves the MCS builds had a SmartArray P400 controller in them with battery-backed write cache . The installer will be looking for this to build the array and install the appropriate firmware on it. Is it present?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

i thought a higher ghz rate would be acceptable

yes it has a p400 array controller, with the 2x 146gb hd, it also has another array controller, i will remove that one to see if it makes a difference.

i will try again on Thursday with the other array controller removed.

btw if removing the other array controller does not help i can always install VMware vSphere ESXi 5.0 and then install cups 8.6.4 on top of that.  i have some other memory and hard disks that i can add to this server to beef it up a bit  hopefully that will not be needed

so removing the other array controller did not help

still would not pass hardware detection phase

installed esxi 5 on exactly the same server with same hardware, and cups 8.6.4 is now installing with ova template deployment

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: