Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Collaborator

CUPS - Exchange Certificate Issues

Hi,

I am trying to integrate CUPS 8.5 with Exchange 2010 to share calendar information. This requires SSL.

The VeriSign certificate that my customer has provided uses Subject Alternative Names - see link below:

http://www.verisign.com/ssl/buy-ssl-certificates/subject-alternative-name-certificates/

The main certificate name is www.company.co.uk. It contains the following as Subject Alternative Names:

portal.company.co.uk

remote.company.co.uk

mail.company.co.uk

imap.company.co.uk

pop.company.co.uk

CUPS needs to use the mail.company.co.uk name.

I have two questions.

1.     Should CUPS work with this type of certificate or will it need one with mail.company.co.uk as the main name?

2.     Where can I find logs for troubleshooting CUPS connections?

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast

No... he said that he did not know (or wasn't allowed to say) which release this would be in...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Beginner

1. If I remember it right, CUPS doesn't work with SAN.  That might have been changed on 8.5 though.

2. You may take a look at PE logs and filter out the 'owa' entries.

Michael

Highlighted
Collaborator

Thanks Michael,

I guess I need to raise a TAC case to check the SAN support.

I will update the thread when I get an answer.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

James - I came across the exact same issue at a client site... TAC said that CUPS does NOT support any SAN in the server certificate...

They said that the support will be there in a future release...

Did you receive the same response from TAC?

Highlighted
Collaborator

Hi Joshua,

I have not actually got around to raising a TAC case yet as I have been off work.

Thanks for updating the thread with your findings - did TAC give any indication which new release will have SAN support?

Thanks

James

Highlighted
Enthusiast

No... he said that he did not know (or wasn't allowed to say) which release this would be in...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

Anybody heard anything on this issue being resolved anytime soon?

Highlighted

Hello,

I am running CUPS 8.6.3 and the SAN certificate are still not supported but...Even that I have a
"SubjectCN Mismatch" on the Exchange Presence Gateway the access to the calendar is working.

I have also found that it will be supported in 8.6.4 (date ??) in the CUPS Integration Guide for Exchange

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/integration_notes/exchange/guide/exchint.html

Highlighted
Collaborator

Christian,

Thank you very much for updating this thread. I will try applying the upgrade to 8.6.4 when it becomes available.

CreatePlease to create content