cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS ¦ IM Address - Username with Mail - Rewrite?

Hi

We are planning to change our CUCM userID/Usernames from samAccountName to mail Attribute (ldap synced).

CUPs creates now a IM-Address like blbla@maildomain@topleveldomain. Normaly the mail-domain is the toplevel-domain. Automaticly it adds the domain suffix behind the mail address.

Is it and how is it possible to define in CUPS that the IM-Address is the login (blbla@maildomain)?

I think I'm not the only one who takes the mail Attribute as userID in CUCM.

Thx for help.

Phil

5 Replies 5

bill.roland
Level 1
Level 1

I'd love to know the answer to this too.

Jasmeet Sandhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Phil,

You need to change the UserID attribute on CUPS as well to match whats on Call Manager.

Please goto CUPS Admin Page -> Application -> Cisco Unified Personal Communicator or Cisco Jabber (If CUPS 8.6) -> Settings and then scroll down towards LDAP Attribute Mapping and change it their.

Next, you have to exit out of client and re-login so that CUPC can get the new change.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jas

Hi Jas

Okay .. .I will it try.

I let you know.

greetings Phil

Hey Phil,

After making the change on CUPS, be sure to exit out and restart CUPC. Sometimes, CUPC still caches old info, so you can as well do the following:

1)      Exit out of CUPC

a.       Make sure the following processes are not running

i.      cupc.exe

ii.     cucsf.exe

2)      Delete the following folder:

a.       For XP

i.      C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications

ii.     C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications

b.      For Win 7

i.      C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications

ii.      C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications

3)      Re-login to CUPC and verify

Regards,

Jas

Have you solved this issue? We'd love to know what the outcome is. We are experiencing some issues ourselves.

Thx