Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS: Integrating CUPC with Unity Voicemail Messages

Afternoon all,

I am attempting to setup CUPS so that voicemail messages from Unity are received to CUPC as well as the desk phone.

I have configured the voicemail server and voicemail profile and assigned the relevant user to the voicemail profile. I am not entirely sure which login credentials I need to enter for Personal Communicator under ‘Preferences/Account/Voice Messaging’. Will this be the account details of the Unity Server or the subscriber details?

Platform Version as follows:

CUCM version – 6.1(4)

CUPS Version – 7.0(6) (VMware environment for testing)

Cisco Unity 4.2 Build 4.2(1)

I am concerned that our Unity server is incompatible with this feature. On our Unity server I am attempting to configure ‘Allow Users to Access VoiceMail Using IMAP client’ for a user to access voicemail from CUPC. The option should be under Licensed Features which I cannot find. Please see attached screenshot.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jamie

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Andrew M12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jamie

I've not set this up myself but have it in play at our company. I know in the CUPC Preferences/Account/Voice Messaging section that our users put in their Windows login as our CUCM, Unity and CUPC are synched with AD.

Probably not much help but it looks like you will need subscriber credentials as opposed to server credentials.

View solution in original post

Hmmm.   I upgraded Presence 8.0.2 to 8.0.4 and they now get the new voicemail alert on the Personal Communicator version 8.  I guess the upgrade fixed it.  I still have the VVM no connection like you do, but I guess that is not an issue.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Andrew M12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jamie

I've not set this up myself but have it in play at our company. I know in the CUPC Preferences/Account/Voice Messaging section that our users put in their Windows login as our CUCM, Unity and CUPC are synched with AD.

Probably not much help but it looks like you will need subscriber credentials as opposed to server credentials.

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You don't have that option on Unity.  That option is on Unity Connection only.

For Unity, it's the Exchange engineer's job to enable IMAP access from Exchange server.  The "Mailstore" configuration on CUPS should point to Exchange IMAP.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hey I have my mailstore pointed to the Exchange IMAP port and CUPC users can check their voicemail.  What about in Presence where you set up "Voicemail Server"?  I have that pointed to the unity 7.1 server IP address with HTTPS and 443.  But in the CUPC client when I do a health check I see that there is no connection for VVM.  What in Unity do you need to set up for this HTTPS 443 connection?  The Deployment guide for Presence 8.x doesn't really explain this.  Only tells you to point to Unity on port 443 and HTTPS.

Hi,

Sounds like you have correctly configured CUPS. Have you made sure the account settings under CUPC preferences have the correct username and password?

Make sure you can telnet to your Unity address and port from your pc that has CUPC installed.

I did notice that under health check my VVM showed no connection. However, when I left a voicemail on my deskphone it did eventually appear in in CUPC. Very misleading but it does work.

Regards,

Jamie

Hmmm.   I upgraded Presence 8.0.2 to 8.0.4 and they now get the new voicemail alert on the Personal Communicator version 8.  I guess the upgrade fixed it.  I still have the VVM no connection like you do, but I guess that is not an issue.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: