cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS Server upgrade to 6.0.2 from 6.0.1 issue

noellbulka
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded my Presence server (hp 7825) from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 and rebooted. I got the following error message.

FS: Cannot open root device "LABEL=/partB" or 00:00

Please append a correct "boot=" boot option

Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root FS on 00:00.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

cesar.fiestas
Level 1
Level 1

noelbulka,

This is an issue with your root partition, if you can access the actual linux shell (which i doubt) but if you can access the linux shell , check your configuration in the grub.conf file then identify the location device name or path to the drive or partion where your kernel( /boot ) is. Then just simply change the root device info with the correct info or correct path and that's it. Then just simply reboot! If this still doesnt work then just boot linux with the old kernel and thats it

Enjoy

Cesar Fiestas

Noelbulka,

Sorry I forgot, if you cant access the linux shell..then you will need to contact TAC and possibly you will need reach a DE to do this, hopefully he will be able to at least boot the machine with the old kernel.

Cesar Fiestas

Thanks for the reply Cesar. Is there a way for me to just bring it back to the old partition where 6.0.1 resides?

noelbulka,

I dont think there is a way to change the booting process without accessing to the linux shell, which is locked by Cisco. I suggest you to contact TAC and explain to TAC the issue, hopefully they can put you in contact with a DE then the he/she will be able to access your box by using a remote access account (most likely this will be done while an a webex/meetingplace session with TAC). Hope that helps

It will be nice if I knew how to access the linux shell...but I still cant decrypt the passphrase algorithm :)

Cesar Fiestas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: