cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS version 8.5 compatible with CUCM and CUC 10.5?

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all, I planning out an upgrade of CUCM 8.5.1 and CUC 8.5.1 to 10.5 for both. 

We have a CUPS server that is on version 8.5.2.10000-49 however, I don't think that its covered under our UCSS so it looks like I can only upgrade CUCM and CUC.

Does CUPS need to be upgraded as well or can I stay on CUPS 8.5.2 without any issues? I have little stick time on CUPS so I'm not even sure how it integrates into CUCM.

Thanks,

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Starting with versions 9.x and above, CUCM and IM&P are more and more integrated, no more mix and match, and compatibility is as easy as it gets, they both need to be in the same major release up to the x.y version. So, to answer your question, no, it's not compatible and not upgrading CUPS to IM&P, is not an option.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Starting with versions 9.x and above, CUCM and IM&P are more and more integrated, no more mix and match, and compatibility is as easy as it gets, they both need to be in the same major release up to the x.y version. So, to answer your question, no, it's not compatible and not upgrading CUPS to IM&P, is not an option.

HTH

java

Thanks Jamie, so just to recap what you said....There is no upgrade or migration to CUPS 8.5 to CUPS 10.5 since it does not exsist....it is now intergrated into CUCM 10.5

If that is the case is there any migration method or do I need to program IM in 10.5? I tried looking for a migration guide but, no luck.

Is there any additional license's for IM&Presence in CUCM 10.5

Thanks,

Dan

No, that's not what I said, you still need to install/upgrade the IM&P version that aligns with your CUCM version, and that is still a separate separate servers/VMs from the CUCM ones.

All the IM&P documentation is now under the CUCM section of the documentation, the install and upgrade guides for IM&P as well.

You can consider PCD for this, or do it all manually.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: