cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS with RCC (Lync and OCS) Issue

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

We have had RCC working with OCS and now Lync for well over a year now but have been having the same issue with both integrations.  Users will randomly lose RCC and phone presence capabilities, not all users, random users across the organization.  the way to restore RCC and phone presence is by restarting the CUPS SIP Proxy service.  Once the service is restarted all MOC/Lync users need to restart the cient and everything works again for a period of time. We have had this issue with 4 different versions of CUPS (currently on 8.6(4)) and both OCS R2 and now Lync 2010.  anyone run into this?                  

When a client decides to break RCC the following error shows up in the Lync logs:

“SIP/2.0 481 Call Leg Does Not Exist”

and

<CSTAErrorCode  xmlns="http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3">

<operation>serviceNotSupported</operation>

4 Replies 4

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

So no one has or has seen this issue?  Thoughts anyone?

Hi,

This error is sent from CUP server but most likely there is something going on on the CTIManager. CUP is merely a proxy here, getting SIP messages from Lync, translating them to CTI and then sends them to CTIManager and vice versa.

What do you see in the matching CTIManager logs  ? You should be able to get more ideas if you look there.

HTH,

Christos

I came across this post and it helped point me in the right direction so I thought I’d share my results. We have Lync 2013 with RCC to CUPS 9.1. Our Lync clients were no longer able to right click and call, but the presence status and phone popups were still working. Solution was to restart the SIP Proxy service on CUPS then log out and back into the Lync client. I also restarted the CTI manager service on CUCM but I think it was the SIP Proxy that actually fixed it.

Cheers,

Rob.

Hello , 

What if the issue is for a single user . How to resolve this <serviceNotstopped> error without restarting the Sip Proxy service .

Thanks,

Siran

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: