Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS8 - Calendaring enable via admin?

m.ranger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

to use the exchange calendar integration the CUPS Users have to enable the calendar integration over their CUPS User page. Per default the calendar integration is disabled.

Is there a way to change this setting by the admin?

Is there a way to bulk edit this setting to "enabled" for all users?

Best regards

Manfred

3 Replies 3

Jasmeet Sandhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Manfred,

Currently we do not have a way for the admin to bulk turn it on for the users at this time. 

However, instead of having to explain to the user where to enable calendaring via the cups user page
you can also update the cups user page by simply using the checkbox in the cupc itself.

When they go into  File -> Preferences -> Status  and select the check box for show me as in a meeting
this will also set it for them in the database.

Best Regards,

Jasmeet

The SQL command worked. At least it enabled it for all the users and I checked this from the User Management > End User page. I haven't tested whether calendaring is working or if it shows checked for them under File > Options > Status.

Thanks

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

I haven't tested it yet so I don't if it works.  Technically speaking, you may update the "enablecalendarpresence" to "True" in the "enduser" table.

From the CLI, it should be something like:

run sql update enduser set enablecalendarpresence='t'

Again, CLI might not have sufficient permission to update the table.  But it's worth trying.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: