Views
Helpful
Replies

Customizing the System Default Greeting in Unity Connection

jonathan.dixon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it’s possible to change System Default Greeting, that is the ‘Sorry, <users name> is not available’ callers hear when they get forwarded to a users voicemail?   If possible we want to change this greeting to include a ‘press 0 to reach the operator’ message by default. This could possibly also be tacked onto the ‘Record your message at the tone, when you are finished...’ greeting.

Thanks,

Jonathan

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

Changing the Standard greeting language files themselves isn't possible that I know of, at least, if you're trying to do so in a supported manner. However, the Post-Greeting Recording feature in Unity Connection 8.0(2) and beyond is a pretty close match to what you want.

Hi jasyoung,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realise that feature was available, it's very close to doing what I want it to do but when I test it it seems that Unity Connection ignores keypresses during the Post Greeting Recording (keypresses during the 'Record your message at the tone' prompt work). 

I'm going to do a bit more digging to see if this is by design or if there's an option somewhere to enable input during the Post Greeting Recording.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: