Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

decommission a firewall in between

Hi, we are planning to remove the firewall in between voice gateway and the Core Switches that connect the CUCM devices.
Is it possible and any advise on the CUCM itself in term of configuration ?

network diagram.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the gateway is configured as H323/SIP and if you are going to use the same IP 172.1.188.X There is no change required on CUCM.

If the gateway is configured as MGCP and if you are going to use the same hostname+domain name there is no change required on CUCM.

No configuration changes required if its just removing the firewall and all network configuration remains same. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

If the gateway is configured as H323/SIP and if you are going to use the same IP 172.1.188.X There is no change required on CUCM.

If the gateway is configured as MGCP and if you are going to use the same hostname+domain name there is no change required on CUCM.

No configuration changes required if its just removing the firewall and all network configuration remains same. 

Response Signature

No IP address will be changes and we going to by pass the ASA only as it already EOS, EOL.
to double confirm , how can i verify if gateway is MGCP or H323/SIP. ?
I'm pretty sure MGCP but i want to double confirm.

Hi there,

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/media-gateway-control-protocol-mgcp/214635-configure-and-troubleshoot-mgcp-gateways.html#anc10

Check the Device > Gateway section in CUCM and use some of the commands on the CLI of your gateways referenced in the above link to confirm. 

You can find this from both  CUCM and Router CLI. You can see MGCP configuration on Controller. if H323/SIP you can see dial-peers.

11111.png

Response Signature

Thanks guy. 
Completed the firewall decom successfully.