Views
Helpful
Replies

Decommissioning a node within a cluster

Adan Zuniga
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I need to decommission a particular node that is in a data center that is going away. What all do I have to check before powering down the node?

This is an 8 node cluster that is going away altogether. There are about 400 registered phones left. The cluster has been up for 7 or so years and not every change has been documented. Thus, it is a little difficult to remember what all it is being used for. Checking dependencies only gives you a small idea, but I want to make sure that when I power down the server no services are disrupted. 

Thank you for your suggestions! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

Your answer will be covered i guess in the below thread.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12956056/deleting-server-node-cucm-cluster 

Please note that you have to reboot the whole cluster to update the cluster after removing the node. Also please do a proper check for things specific to the node like call park number etc.

We are also doing almost same thing for one of our customer with a 8 node cluster running on 8.6 and upgrading to 10.5 due to some requirements.

Regards,

Alok

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

Your answer will be covered i guess in the below thread.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12956056/deleting-server-node-cucm-cluster 

Please note that you have to reboot the whole cluster to update the cluster after removing the node. Also please do a proper check for things specific to the node like call park number etc.

We are also doing almost same thing for one of our customer with a 8 node cluster running on 8.6 and upgrading to 10.5 due to some requirements.

Regards,

Alok

Thanks much Alok!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: