Views
Helpful
Replies

Dedicated caller input per greeting Unity Cnxn

joveroc
Level 1
Level 1

I can't figure out how to do this.  The Unity Connection 8.x article mentions:

Caller input settings define actions that  Cisco Unity Connection takes in response to phone keys pressed by  callers during a call handler greeting. By using the settings on the  Edit Greeting page for each individual greeting, you can specify on a  per-greeting basis whether the greeting allows caller input and whether  callers can perform transfers. Or, you can define caller input keys and  options that apply to all of the call handler greetings by using the  Caller Input page for the call handler.

However when I go into each greeting and change it, it modifies it for all greetings.  I'm trying to modify an old call handler that I imported from 4.x that looks like it was setup this way in 4.x.  Is this feature gone?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Reply 1

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

However badly worded, I think you may have misinterpreted this paragraph because this feature is not available as far as I have seen.

Perhaps what it's trying to say is that within each greeting you do have the ability to indicate whether caller input should be allowed or not.  Rather than indicating a capability for greeting-specific caller input.

The way I have always worked around this issue in the past is to create multiple call handlers called from a central call handler that played no greeting, only placed the caller in the right timeframe and then transfered to an OPEN call handler or a CLOSED call handler or a HOLIDAY call handler which would not only have the appropriate greeting but the appropriate caller input menu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: