cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default User group for LDAP sync CUCM users

satish rawat
Level 1
Level 1

HI all, I am trying to see if there is a way to setup a default user access group for CUCM users in LDAP integrated environment, when building users manually in CUCM you can specify this under user template but what if CUCM gets user DB from LDAP, there  doesn't seems to be a way other than manually doing it via BAT , anybody has suggestions or better ideas to automate this

I am running CUCM 9.1 and would be migrating to 11.x soon, we integrate with LDAP so newly created users are imported from LDAP but they by default do not get  assigned any user group.  Also there is option to setup a default UC profile in system but i still have to update users to check the box that says enabled IM and presence, any way to automate this for LDAP sync CUCM users??

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

10.x+ does allow you to add users to access controls groups as they're imported, this is not available on 9.x

You also get to use Feature Group Templates which can associate to services profiles and use the options of home cluster, enable IM&P, include meeting info in presence. You just choose the FGT when creating your LDAP agreement.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime, Thanks for your response, i did played a little bit with FGT but missing on how it associates to service profile, doesnt seems to be any option on service profile that will bind two, is this done on some other page?

just so be clear no option to automate access group on 9.x correct? other than BAT.

thanks again