Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay in softphone incoming calls

Koki p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Softphone users are unable to hear the other party for few seconds. We are having this issue for incoming calls.

If anybody came across this issue, please let us know your suggestion

Thanks in advance !

7 Replies 7

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

How much delay is there between your softphone and your CUCM. It is common issue if delay is too much.

Regards

Ronak Patel

rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak Patel,

Thanks for your reply !

Initially We are facing 10 - 20 sec delay between called and calling person. After sometime, its getting resolved automatically.

Hi,

Sorry If I was not clear.

I wanted to know what is the connectivity between your softphone and CUCM. Is the link too congusted and delay is more.

Have you applied QOS for the signaling part?

regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Thanks

let me explain the issue with more info.

Scenario:

When a CIPC receives an incoming call, let say I am calling from cell phone to CIPC user, when the call get connect, for the first 4 to 5 seconds CIPC user can not hear anything, but I can hear them clearly, so there was a one way audio/delay for the first 5 seconds, after this both party able to hear. It is not occurring on all calls.

We able to duplicate this on a inbound call only, not sure whether its happening on outbound too.

Tried with Both CIPC 7.0 and 8.6, also it happens regardless how the CIPC is connected i.e., local LAN or VPN.

You mentioned that the problem thus exist regardless of the way the CIPC is connected (LAN or VPN)

When through LAN: Is the CIPC and the CUCM on the same site?

Hi Emmanuel,

Yes, both CIPC and CUCM on the same LAN/site. it happends for many users with different PC/model/setup

It’s a difficult one. I've experienced something similar before, but with hard phones and in my case it was a QOS issue. The CUCM and phones were on different sites. Might be you should check the LAN for any packet loss and eventually check the QOS settings on LAN.  Also check the Cisco bug tool for any defects with the CUCM version you are running.

You might want to contact TAC as a last option, if you are not able to find the cause of the problem and the impact to your business is great.