cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delegate access to a Unity Connection mailbox to an assistant?

Steve Snodgrass
Level 1
Level 1

In Unity Connection (I'm running 9.1), is there a way to provide access to someone's else mailbox beyond just sharing the PIN?  For example, it would be nice if our administrative assistants could access the voicemail of the managers they support using the web inbox or some other online method.      

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sadly no. There is not mailbox delegation/sharing option within CXN.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks for the confirmation, Jonathan.

The one way I've managed to get it done is to use unified messaging and have a rule in Outlook to forward on the message to an assistant.

For a group of people, I saw this .

Gareth

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Steve,

I stumbled on this thread while troublshooting this very issue. You certainly can receive peoples messages if you assign the role "Mailbox Access Delegate Account" to a user. The only problem with this is that all voicemail messages will be sent to the account with this role, not just one user

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

to be clear, an account that has the delegate mailbox access role does not get a copy of all user's messages... it allows that user to authenticate to log into (i.e. via a web inbox or REST interface) other user's mailboxes.

It's used for tools like Message Archiver for administrators fetching and archiving messages from other user's mailboxes or for applications needing to make backups of other mailboxes for instance.  It's clearly not a role intended for an admin assistant since it's not specific to a particular mailbox or ACL.

Yes, I'm aware of the delegate account role, but as you both pointed out, that gives the user access to every single voice mail on the system, which makes it pretty much useless for what I want to do.

Jeff,

I have an issue we have been working for a few days now..where when this role was turned on for a user, he is getting all the voicemail of all users in the cluster. As a result his email inbox is getting filled up. We observed this started when we added all roles for this user including this role...We have deleted the user account but as of right now, he is still getting the voicemail for all users..Can you help? What could be the cause of this..what logs do we look at etc

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: