Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete all contact lists in IMP

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We have migrated users from an older IMP 8.6 to 10.5. As part of this, we wanted to move their contact lists but the original CSV file seemed to formatted incorrectly so has inserted users in the wrong way (nickname is showing group name instead).

We now have the CSV in the correct format, but when importing into Presence, it hasn't overwritten the old ones, and instead has created two entries, e.g.

User: jsmith@domain.com Nickname:IT Group:IT

User: jsmith@domain.com Nickname:John Group:IT

Other than ask the users to delete all these duplicate contacts, is there a way we can delete them from the server side? - it doesn't appear to be a feature within the Bulk Admin (although you can import, export, and modify...). Is there a SQL query I can run to clear out the tables?

I've also tried unassigning the users for Presence and adding them back in again, but this doesn't seem to affect / update the contacts.

Thanks

Sean

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sean,

You can try the below procedure:

1. Have a copy of CSV file which has the set of correct contact list to import

2. Stop important services like XCP router, PE and SP

3. You can verify on the existing contacts using the sql query in IMP CLI:

run sql select * from rosters

4. To delete all the contacts:

run sql delete from rosters    ---> This will delete contact list of all the jabber users. Should be run only when there is a need to delete all of them

5. Now import the CSV file to IMP via bulk administartion

6. Start all the services

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Sean,

You can try the below procedure:

1. Have a copy of CSV file which has the set of correct contact list to import

2. Stop important services like XCP router, PE and SP

3. You can verify on the existing contacts using the sql query in IMP CLI:

run sql select * from rosters

4. To delete all the contacts:

run sql delete from rosters    ---> This will delete contact list of all the jabber users. Should be run only when there is a need to delete all of them

5. Now import the CSV file to IMP via bulk administartion

6. Start all the services

Regards

Thanks. It seems to delete them correctly, but they still show in Jabber. Is there a difference between contacts and contact lists in this regard?

If I now run select * from rosters, the results are blank. I added a new user manually and there was one result. I did an export of contact lists and there was only 1 exported. Yet, when I log the users into Jabber, the other contacts are still there in the list.

I have reset Jabber and deleted all caches and appdata, so this must still be pulling the list from the server side somewhere.

Actually all working, just needed a restart of the server. Thanks for your help!

As of IMP 11.5.1 SU2, there is a CLI command for cleaning up the roster.

utils rosters delete —This command deletes all invalid watchers and invalid contacts that are present in the cluster.

Reference:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/SU2/cucm_b_release-notes-cucm-imp-1151su2/cucm_b_release-notes-cucm-imp-1151su2_chapter_010.html#reference_303F63AFF130BC9D9C300D31F8A9AA30

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: