cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleted messages do not delete on the server side in Unity Connection 9.1

psellers
Level 4
Level 4

We have some users that when they delete their voicemails from Outlook, sending them to the deleted items folder and then emptying their deleted items folder, the messages do NOT delete from the Unity Connection server.  The only way to delete them is to go into the Web Inbox and empty the deleted items from their.  Deleting them from the deleted items should remove them from the server.  Has anyone run into this issue and have a fix?  These users are not allowed to have a message aging policy that auto deletes and also are not allowed to bypass the deleted items folder in Outlook.  They are setup as single inbox. We are using CUC version 9.1.1 and Exchange 2010.

2 Replies 2

psellers
Level 4
Level 4

One of my own pet peeves... there, not their...

I do not believe emptying the deleted items folder in Exchange results in an event trigger in Connection - we get the delete notification when the message is deleted and will follow suit in Connection's side of the fence but if you have connection setup to hold deleted messages in the deleted items folder (option in the COS) then it will hold it for however long you have them set to live independent of what you have Exchange setup to do (i.e. we don't know or care if Exchange is holding messages in their deleted items folder).

You say they can't bypass the deleted items folder in outlook - but what about Connection?  You can just turn off deleted items retention in Connection and this wouldn't be a problem, no?  Or am I misreading the restrictions you're working with?