cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying unity connection at remote site with CUCM at central site

anil.batra
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning to deploy Unity connection at remote site while the CUCM is at central site only. Will appreciate of someone can shd some light on this, has anyone already deplyed same scenario , any specific requirements to take care of please ?

Thanks in advnace,

AB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AB,

Yes, having your Unity Connection server at a different location than your CUCM is supported.  

I cannot really help you with specifc requirements as it largely depends on exactly how you intend to deploy it and what features you intend to enable.  Clustering, Digital Networking, Unified Inbox, etc.. all have their own additional requirements the whole of which would not fit into a message board post.

However, specific bandwidth and latency requirements are listed in the "System Requirements for Cisco Unity Connection Release 8.X.   http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/requirements/8xcucsysreqs.html

The SRND and the System Requirements should get you on the  right  track.  I would encourage you to read both documents fully and  then  come back with any specific design questions you may have.

-Steven

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

AB,

Please review the SRND section on Cisco Voice Messaging.  It sounds like the section "Distributed Messaging with Centeralized Call Processing" applies to you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/vmessage.html#wp1083903

There is quite a bit to understand and plan for so do review it carefully.

-Steven

Thanks Steven for your prompt response on this.

I see in the figure "Figure 21-3 Distributed Messaging with Centralized Call Processing" in the url you sent it shows the Unity Connection at remote site with CUCM cluster at central site, so feel it's TAC supported ?

Are there any specific BW and RTT requirements for this scenario ? Wondering if anyone who has the same scenario deployed/operatonal, any other requirements I should be aware of please ?

Thanks,

AB

AB,

Yes, having your Unity Connection server at a different location than your CUCM is supported.  

I cannot really help you with specifc requirements as it largely depends on exactly how you intend to deploy it and what features you intend to enable.  Clustering, Digital Networking, Unified Inbox, etc.. all have their own additional requirements the whole of which would not fit into a message board post.

However, specific bandwidth and latency requirements are listed in the "System Requirements for Cisco Unity Connection Release 8.X.   http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/requirements/8xcucsysreqs.html

The SRND and the System Requirements should get you on the  right  track.  I would encourage you to read both documents fully and  then  come back with any specific design questions you may have.

-Steven

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: