Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying Virtual Expressway X8.1 to Existing BE6K v9.x

Ryan Espedido
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

We have existing customers on BE6K version 9.x and would like to deploy the new Expressway C and E to enable remote and mobile access for their Jabber clients. As far as I have researched, Expressway will require PAK for C and E; I think these are option keys for both VMs. Does anyone know how to acquire these licenses? As per Cisco, deployment of Expressway C and E server on VMware should be at no cost. I believe this is assuming that the customers have available resources in their VM host.

In addition, does anyone have information and ordering guide for the Leverage Investment Protection program to migrate VCS licenses?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ryan

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you mean CE, AFAIK, you need 10.x releases for that

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

Ryan,

Did you work this out? Virtual Expressway C and E are definitely supported with CUCM 9.1+ and Jabber 9.6 at no cost . How do we acquire the free license for Expressway C and E? My BE6K customer has 2 x C220M3 servers should I install Expressway C on one server and Expressway E on another server?

Thanks!

Aamir

Michael Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Another hand up over here fo how you got on with this. I am even wondering if C and E can be running in a single VM for BE6K, on a single C220 I think there might be only space for one and not the other when most capabilities are running.

acgarcia
Level 4
Level 4

I

Licensing Information

Cisco Expressway Series virtual application software is available at no additional charge to customers who have a license and valid support contract for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1.2 or later.

Standard and Professional Edition CUWL or Enhanced and Enhanced Plus Cisco UCL agreements support remote and mobile access to UCM services for Jabber Unified Communications clients using Cisco Expressway.

Each concurrent call session terminating on a system not using Cisco Unified Communications Manager (for example, B2B calls) requires a Cisco Expressway Rich Media Session license.

Each concurrent call requiring interworking requires a Cisco Expressway Rich Media Session license. Examples of such calls include H.323 to SIP interworked calls or H.264 SVC-to-H.264 AVC calls

The above is from the data sheet.  I think you can just contact you Sales Rep for the release key and feature keys after you get it installed

David McDaniel
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone ever work this out? Looks like the parts still aren't orderable but wasn't sure if anyone had any additional details.

Hi David,

Expressway is already configurable in CCW.

See http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/be_6000.pdf

You must keep in mind of required resources in your BE6K server.

I'm not sure though if its available in PUT also.

Regards,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

you need to order a 0$-BoM for this (screenshot attached) . I hope the resolution makes it still readable.

BE6kExpressway.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: