cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Determining when the Unity voicemail password was changed last

pmaglinger
Level 1
Level 1

I know that I can force users to change their voicemail password every so often. Is there a method to determine how old their voicemail password is?

15 Replies 15

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On a per-user basis, you can see the date of last change on a subscriber's Phone Password page in the SA.

Is there a method of creating a report for all users that would show this information?

You could use sql query to check:

SELECT Alias, PwTimeChanged

FROM Subscriber

Note that the time shown in the table is GMT time (Central time is GMT - 6 hours)

Be sure to use the view for queries (vw_Subscriber) and not the raw table (Subscriber) - items can (and do) move around the raw tables but the views remain backwards compaitble.

Also, I can add this to the Subscriber Information Dump tool that spits out a CSV if you want - it'd take me about 20 minutes. Subscriber Information Dump already kicks out the time of the last call and if the user has a trivial PW set and the like - this seems like a good addition to it.

That sounds great, Jeff. Would this work on Unity 2.4.6 as well as 4.x? We are currently using 2.4.6 but in the process of upgrading to 4 within the next month or two.

One additional question. Could the Subscriber Information Dump be set up in the Windows Scheduler to run periodically to generate said report?

That would be possible with Unity 4.x which we are currently upgrading to. Is there a way to check on Unity 2.4.6?

2.x is a whole different ball of wax - I do have a version of Subscriber Information Dump that runs against 2.x but I haven't cracked that code in over a year now. There is no SQL DB to query against in 2.x, the information is packed into binary blobs added as properties into Exchange objects - fishing it out requires you go through the DOH interface - much (much) more painful than just querying SQL.

The 3.x/4.x version of SubInfoDUmp could be updated in about 20 minutes to update, package a new setup and post - the 2.x version would burn most of a day - unfortunately I don't have that type of time to burn just right now.

We haven't shipped or supported 2.x in quite some time - I guess my advice would be to expidite the upgrade to 4.x.

Thanks Jeff. That might be just the push I need to get this project moving along. I don't know if you saw my additional post, but could the 4.x version of SubInfoDump be run from Windows Scheduler or AT? Can you let me know when it's been updated?

Thanks again. I appreciate all you do.

Subscriber Information Dump already supports a command line option that can be called from wherever - check out the help on it's home page:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_subr_info_dump_3x.htm

there's a section in there called "Silent Command Lnie Mode".

For notifications you can subscribe to the tools update mailer (go to www.CiscoUnityTools.com and follow the link for this). All updates to existing tools, new tools or updated documents on the site kick out a notificaiton to this mailer - that's the easiest way to keep up with what's going on with the site.

Thanks again, Jeff. I subscribed to the updates and am reviewing the help doc now.

Just as a follow up on this - I finished the updates to the tool and it's in QA's hands for testing before I post it.

If you want a beta copy before then, ping me (lindborg at cisco dot com) and I'll shoot you a copy.

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks Jeff.

The updated tool is now posted on www.CiscoUnityTools.com.

enjoy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: