Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Mobility

Hello,

A question, because the Device Mobility Info accept the input of more of one device pool.

And as it select the right device pool?

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The device pool related information for Device Mobility is explained in the features and services guide

Configuring Device Pools for Device Mobility

The roaming sensitive settings in the Device Pool Configuration window override the device-level settings when the device roams within or outside a of device mobility group. The settings, which include Date/time Group, Region, Media Resource Group List, Location, Network Locale, SRST Reference, Physical Location, Device Mobility Group, and so on, provide call admission control and voice codec selection. Additionally, these settings update the media resource group list (MRGL), so appropriate remote media resources get used for music on hold, conferencing, transcoding, and so on. The roaming sensitive settings also update the Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) gateway. Mobile users register to a different SRST gateway while roaming. This registration may affect the dialing behavior when the roaming phones are in SRST mode.

The device mobility related parameters in the Device Pool Configuration window override the device-level settings only when the device is roaming within a device mobility group. The device mobility related settings affect the dial plan because the calling search space dictates the patterns that can be dialed or the devices that can be reached.

Refer to Device Pool Configuration in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide to configure device pool parameters.

Viewing Roaming Device Pool Parameters

When the phone has device mobility mode enabled, you can view the roaming device pool settings by clicking View Current Device Mobility Settings next to the Device Mobility Mode field in the Phone Configuration window. If the device is not roaming, the home location settings display.

If there is anything additional you need to know please let me know.

HTH

Manish

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It will round robin when there are more than one roaming DP specified, I have yet to find a reason to use more than one roaming DP in all of my deployments, and I enable DM on all of them. To keep things predictable use one DP in each DMI.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: