Views
Helpful
Replies

Device owner ID mapping to End user - CUCM 12.5

Jagadish2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have upgraded our CUCM cluster from 10.5 to 12.5. In 10.5 we used device licenses, but in 12.5 we are getting CUWL professional license. We have around 8k devices. We need to map devices to end users.(update owner id field in the phone to end user). We have around 3K Enhanced EA, 1k common area and 400 essential licenses.

1) For enhanced EA licenses we are planning to map 2 to 3 devices per Knowledge user as per the user requirement.

Please suggest if any Cisco tool available for mapping or any bulk way to update devices with owner id??

2) For Common area phones and essential phones, should we have to create user id's and map it ?? If not, pls suggest.

3) Also, please suggest any best practices to be followed for End user id creation (best nomenclatures) for further easy of maintenance users and their respective licenses.

Please suggest.

Regards

Jagadish

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1) use device association tool aka DAT

2) you can keep anonymous 

3) I would suggest to integrate with Ad And use self provisioning and it does all device association and end user binding 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

1) use device association tool aka DAT

2) you can keep anonymous 

3) I would suggest to integrate with Ad And use self provisioning and it does all device association and end user binding 

Response Signature

Hi,

DAT is not available for 12.5 version, only available in 11.5. Hope that works.

Regards

Jagadish

I have tested DAT on 12.5 and it worked well.. 

Response Signature

Sorry.. what is DAT PN 12 ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: