Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

DHCP daemon issue after CUCM upgrade 11.5 -> 12.5

Hi all,

after the upgrade of my CUCM from 11.5 to 12.5, the built-in DHCP service on the CUCM stopped working.

The IP Phones are not able to acquire ip anymore.

Checking the logs on RTMT, i see this after i restart DHCP Monitor Service:

: 0: cucm-pub.confag.locale.confag.locale: Feb 23 2019 08:16:50.181 UTC : %UC_JAVAAPPLICATIONS-3-CiscoDhcpdFailure: %[Reason=dhcpd is stopped][ClusterID=][NodeID=cucm-pub.confag.locale]: DHCP Daemon stop running.

Can someone help me with this issue? Before the upgrade all was working fine

Thanks,

Alessandro

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Wow, someone actually uses the co-resident dhcpd! The overwhelming consensus is not to do that; even the SRND recommends against it.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab12/collab12/netstruc.html#pgfId-1184975

If you have less than a 1000 devices in the cluster, your best bet here is probably a TAC case to find what is likely a new defect. If I were you, I would just move DHCP to your normal (hopefully redundant) DHCP server; or, run it on a router instead.

Highlighted

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for your reply. I already opened a tac yesterday, but they will contact me on monday.
I was wondering if someone hitted this problem too, so i can solve until that day.

Thanks,
Alessandro
Highlighted

Hi Alessandro,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm having the same problem on 12.5.1.11900-146. I have opened a TAC case however but was wondering if you found a solution.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Highlighted

Hello,

Any update about this issue? Did the TAC reply?