Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference in UCL and CUWL

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I am trying to understand the difference between UCL and CUWL licensing, the more i read the more i get confused. Is there a guide or presentation that helps dummies like us to understand what is the difference and when to use which ??

6 Replies 6

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Anyone pls ?

Sir, it doesnt tell when to use which ?

Sure it does, if you need all the user features CUWL provides you buy CUWL for that user, some features are pretty much the same for CUWL and Enhanced UCL, so the main difference is how many devices the user will have. With UCL Enhanced for example a user can have up to 2 devices where with CUWL the user can have up to 10.

HTH,

Chris

So, we have purchased multiple desktop VTC units, If I need to go to a Enterprise solution to place all of desktop's under the same unified communications umbrella, will I be able to move the desktop endpoints and protect my current investment in the desktop units?

If by VTC you mean video conferencing, you can licence these with UCL licensing. Exact recommendation will depend on your scale, existing licences, and version.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: