cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Different moh for on and off net calls?

Rob Pyke
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to have a different MOH audio stream for off net calls? I’d like to have on net calls with a music audio stream and off net calls to get our event advertisement stream.

I have already set up two different audio sources with their own media files.  I can individially assign the sources to certain phone manually but I am hoping for a way to do it globally so that every external call gets audio source 1 when placed on hold and every internal call gets audio source 2.

We are running CUCM 7.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

This is how the MoH works:-

A calls B and the call is connected fine.

Now A puts B on hold.

Here A=holder, B=holdee

The holder decides which MoH file to be played and the holdee's MRGL decides which MoH serer to stream the MoH file from.

Now, the holder can have the MoH audio source defined at 4 levels(in descending order of preference):-

Line level

Device level

Common device configuration

Service parameters

Having 2 audio sources is not possible(though you can have user hold audio source different than the network hold audio source). Hence you can assisgn one user hold audio source at any of the above 4 levels described, and the whenevr that phone puts any other party on hold, the other party will hear the same MoH regardless of the fact that it is an on-net or off-net caller.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

This is how the MoH works:-

A calls B and the call is connected fine.

Now A puts B on hold.

Here A=holder, B=holdee

The holder decides which MoH file to be played and the holdee's MRGL decides which MoH serer to stream the MoH file from.

Now, the holder can have the MoH audio source defined at 4 levels(in descending order of preference):-

Line level

Device level

Common device configuration

Service parameters

Having 2 audio sources is not possible(though you can have user hold audio source different than the network hold audio source). Hence you can assisgn one user hold audio source at any of the above 4 levels described, and the whenevr that phone puts any other party on hold, the other party will hear the same MoH regardless of the fact that it is an on-net or off-net caller.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Please rate helpful posts