cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Different RTMT v12.5 installs on same Windows 10 machine?

ksilber
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded our environment to v12.5(1) - CallManager 12.5(1)SU3, Unity 12.5(1)SU2, UCCX 12.5(1)ES2-088. I've downloaded the Windows installer for RTMT from each of these applications, and attempted to install them in different directories, as instructed by the release notes. After the first one is installed, however, the next instance is prompting that RTMT 12.5.0.0 is already installed (albeit in a different directory) and that it will uninstall the other instance. If I click Continue, it does just that - uninstalls the first instance from the other directory and installs the second instance in its own directory. Not sure how to proceed short of uninstalling and installing a different one each time I need to use RTMT for a different application. A search of older posts of this same issue reference Cisco's decommissioned docwiki, so any help would be greatly appreciated...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Install the newest version you have, in your case the one for SU3, and use it to connect with all systems. We’re on SU3 for CM and SU2 for CUC and it works to connect to both.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Install the newest version you have, in your case the one for SU3, and use it to connect with all systems. We’re on SU3 for CM and SU2 for CUC and it works to connect to both.

Response Signature

you can use the same RTMT for different applications when their major version is the same. 

Once you launch the RTMT replace the auto-populated FQDN/IP address with your application (call manager/UCCX/CUC). It should work. you don't need to install the same RTMT for different applications if they all got 12.5.

Regards,

ksilber
Level 1
Level 1

Doesn't appear to work properly for UCCX v12.5(1)ES2-088, but it does for CUCM v12.5(1)SU3 and CUC v12.5(1)SU2. Will open TAC case for UCCX. Thank you!

Have you tried with the RTMT version from CCX to see if it would work for the others?

Response Signature

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately this is how it is and it isn't very convenient. 

While RTMT downloaded from let's say CUCM may work for several UC products (e.g. Unity, UCCX) with the same version, it doesn't mean it is intended for all of them. There are minor differences in the source code of RTMT depending from which product you download it and even build number.

Most of the time it will work for several products without an issue, sometimes it will work partially, but it may not work at all. It is always best to download it from the respective product you'll be using it for. 

Perhaps you can have VMs with other instances of RTMT installed as a workaround. 

On the Mac I was able to have multiple RTMT installs in different subdirectories.  Just run the one needed at the time.  RTMT on the Mac uses the Linux code, so presumably the same should apply on Linux.  Maybe the solution would be one Linux VM with multiple RTMT versions as required.

Alexander Gomer
Level 1
Level 1

i could just solve it for us, root cause was old java jre (1.0.7_6x)

could either use CUCM / CUP / CUC or CCX.

uninstalled java jre

installed fresh adopt open jdk - OpenJDK11U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_11.0.12_7(or now eclipse, you name it...)

if RTMT installed from CCX plugin page, rtmt did not load AST plugin for CUCM.

If RTMT installed from CUCM plugin page, rtmt did not load AST plugin for CCX.

Log snippet:

[SplashThread] INFO  rtmt.control  - ModuleManager: Loading module file: AST-12.5_001

BASIC auth mode ...
Exception in thread "SplashThread" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/cisco/ccm/serviceability/rtmt/ui/AstApplet : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

hth