Helpful
Replies

Directed Call Park error "park destination unavailable"

chuck47172
Level 1
Level 1

Any assistance appreciated.

The follow is on CUCM release 10.5

We use enhanced line mode in order to program directed cal park keys on line keys 6-10 on an 8841 set.

All was working then strangely, the directed call park key on key 6 ceased to function.

Directed call park keys 7-10 work fine.

When trying to Park on key 6, I get the error message on the display that says "park destination unavailable".

Any ideas how to make this work again?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your response. I do not think Bug CSCuw63041 is the issue as this only occurs on one out of 4 blf directed call park keys and the "A" caller is not hanging up as described in the bug problem description.

The other Bug CSCuy45449 may be on to something. I will discuss this with our team and decide about restarting the CCM service. I will post the outcome.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Make sure that the dialed directed call park number is not already occupied by a parked call or park the call on a different directed call park number. If directed call park number is available, try removing it from phone and add it is back.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

tried all that. the only key that has this issue is key 6. the others work. I tried resetting the park key, the phone. also rebuiling call park makes no difference. Having this issue also on other 10.5 CUCM clusters where the blf directed call park key is on button 4 and 5 without enhanced line mode. This is weird.

Have you tried deleting Directed Call Park Number and adding it back. Check route plan report to confirm there is no same number in another partition. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Deleting everything and rebuild from scratch will fix but is not feasible given the number of phones and scale of clusters involved especially when the problem could return. It feels like a 10.5 bug. not sure. i guess i will open a ticket with TAC unless someone has an immediate fix.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chuck,

I would look into these two CUCM 10.5 bugs;

Directed call park not working under race condition
CSCuw63041

&

Directed call park stops working after some time
CSCuy45449

Cheers!
Rob

Thanks for your response. I do not think Bug CSCuw63041 is the issue as this only occurs on one out of 4 blf directed call park keys and the "A" caller is not hanging up as described in the bug problem description.

The other Bug CSCuy45449 may be on to something. I will discuss this with our team and decide about restarting the CCM service. I will post the outcome.