cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DIRT for Server Migration

cvain
Level 1
Level 1

I'm going to be migrating Unity UM 4.0(4)(off-box message store) from an ICS Server Blade to an MCS Server. Can I use the same name and IP for the new server? Procedure would be as follows:

Dirt Backup existing Server

Shut down existing server

Join New server into Domain

install Ex2K Admin

Install Unity

Perform Dirt Restore.

Is this process likely to be more complex/risky that restoring to a server with a different name and IP. Any steps I need to add in ?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

The process looks good. DiRT doesn't care if the name or IP address have changed or hnot. As long as you don't have another machine on the network with the same name/IP you should be fine. Just note that AD will make you remove the first machine before you can add the new one with the same name.

Thanks,

Keith

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

The process looks good. DiRT doesn't care if the name or IP address have changed or hnot. As long as you don't have another machine on the network with the same name/IP you should be fine. Just note that AD will make you remove the first machine before you can add the new one with the same name.

Thanks,

Keith

Thanks Keith.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: