Helpful
Replies

disable jtapi

John Cheetley
Level 3
Level 3

Evening Cisco Engineers once again,

I enabled JTAPI and SOAP on cucm platform and now lost access to cucm web gui

as now after reboot i get a "network timeout" message when trying to login to cucm web gui 7.12.

Tried another browser and same message

I can ping the platforms IP address 192.168.20.2 and traceroute but doing utils network arp list doesn't IP address here or the MAC address.

Only default gateway of 192.168.20.1 but no hardware address (MAC)

Show network eth0 displays correct IP and default gateway addresses

Why are these platforms so temperamental?

Can I disable JTAPI and SOAP from the cucm cli?

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You could probably stop the services but I’ll venture a guess that it’s the reboot and not the service activation that introduced your issue. Take a look at “utils diagnose test” and ensure everything checks out. Also check the database - both that the service is started and that replication is clean.

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry about the delay.

I ran that command but nothing was found. Each test passed except primary dns failed using validate_network..

Which is the same message when system goes thru bootup 

I tried to run utils diagnose list validate_network but cucm advised nothing.

Ran utils diagnose module validate_network

Advised primary dns server failed

Attached is screen outputs

HTH. Please let me know..

Yeah, fix your DNS - both forward and reverse lookups are expected to work - and then reboot the cluster so the startup scripts execute cleanly. Don’t bother troubleshooting anything else until you have the most basic supporting infrastructure working properly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: