Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Tone On Hold

ushimi307
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a problem with disabling “Tone on Hold” in Cisco UC system. The CallManager version is 8.5 and phones are 7965 running SIP image.

I have tried to set the timer to 200000 in service parameter but it didn't help. The held part still can hear the beep tone every 10 seconds.

Also tried to force the phone to use the SilenceAudioSource as MOH audio source. But it didn't help either.

Also disabled the run flag on the MOH server but no luck.

If anyone has a workable solution for it or has any ideas Please let me know.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Payal,

As I understand the issue is, no MOH is being heard when the call is held by a SIP Phone & instead a bip tone is played ?

If yes, it's working as designed. When a SIP Phone holds the call, MoH will be played only if other phone is SIP phone. It's not the case if SCCP phone holds the call.

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post  !!

The issue is the held part hears the beep tone every 10 seconds. I want to disable the tone on Hold.

Payal

That's what I meant Payal.

Caller ( if a non-sip phone ) who is held by the SIP phone will hear a beep tone ( which happens if MoH is not played or not working ). In this case, beep tone cant be disabled.

This is not an issue if SCCP phone holds the caller i.e. MoH works, no beep tone played.

If above is true, it's working as designed.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: