Views
Helpful
Replies

Display caller id (caller number) for external calls

michellp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the following question for which I could not find a clear answer seaching the internet.

We use: Cisco Unified CM Administration

System version: 6.1.4.1000-10

We have a ISDN number block of a hundred numbers (488) 5000 - 5099, my number for instance is (020) 4885033

Now the way it works with external call id, is when you dial outside the main office number is displayed which is 5000. Now what I want is to change this for a single (or a couple of) user(s). I want his external caller id to be his actual extension number which is 4885001. I've tried from the Directory Number Configuration,

12 Replies 12

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

Check the calling party settings in the route pattern, route list and gateway. A good way to figure out quickly where the calling number is being changed is to use the DNA.

Please rate helpful answers! 

Dear Amine Nouasri:

Check the calling party settings in the,

Route pattern:

We have multiple route patterns, allow different levels of calling priveliges. For example, the lowest level is only alowed to make internal calls and emergency number and highest level is allowed to call anywhere (mobile, international etc).

I checked the calling party settings (Calling Party Transformations) on all the route patterns. No checkbox options have been checked and the dropdown options are set to default.

Also any change I do here and try to save it, cucm responds with a notification about Authorization Code. What is that all about?!

Route list:

the Calling Party Transformations's Use Calling Party\'s External Phone Number Mask is set to: ON

and gateway:

Not sure what menu/setting you mean by this.

A good way to figure out quickly where the calling number is being changed is to use the DNA

?I do not follow, please tell me more.

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Michellpoulina,

I understand that you want each user make external calls with his DID number not the pilot of the ISDN 4885000

the example you mentioned ext.5001 want to make external calls and shown as 4885001

there are two ways to do this:

1- Translation rules:

on the VGW create a tranlsation rule

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^5001/ /4885001/

then create the profile

voice translation-profile OUTDID

translate calling 1

then apply it under the POTS dial-peer

dial-peer voice 100 pots

translation-profile outgoing OUTDID

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/0/0:15

by this way, it will work

if really all your extenstion in the same way 5xxx , tell me so we can do it in a better fourm

destination-pattern 9T >> in case if you use 9 for extenal calls

port 0/0/0:15 >> it's your port you use for outgoing calls

try this way and tell me. there is another way to di it using Translation Pattern on CUCM

but please test this first

Regards,
Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

Dear Mohamed Helmy

I understand that you want each user make external calls with his DID number not the pilot of the ISDN 4885000

the example you mentioned ext.5001 want to make external calls and shown as 4885001

Correct, however I do not want this for each user but rather a single user (existing user). Right now all users are using the pilot 4885000.

There are two ways to do this:

1- Translation rules:

on the VGW create a tranlsation rule

Translation pattern you mean?

Not to be a nag but I need to know the exact terminology and menu locations. My administration skills are mediocre. In any case I feel confident you have the solution I’m searching for. Thanks in advance.

Hello Michellpulina,

** Translation-Rule: applied and configured at the router, then creating a profile after that you apply this profile under a dial-peer or a voice-port

** Translation Pattern: Configured at the CUCM to translate a pattern to another one. for example in your case 5001 to be translated to 4885001 "called party". Using a partion which must be added under CSS for this user.

you can create a CSS for this user with partions you like, but add this partion in his CSS with high piority

try both of them, one by one and tell me. From my side I'd prefer translation rules

Regards,
Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

Thanks Mohamed,

I will try the translation rule option first. I looked up some documentation about this and it seems to be relatively easy. Time will tell though. I will let you know about the outcome.

Thanks again & Rgds,

Michell

Amine is right (plus 5!)

You need to check the box next to "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask " on the route pattern that the phone is using (probably on all patterns that the device uses for outside lines.

This will only affect phones that have an entry in the External Phone Number Mask on the Device's Line setting. (Ignore the warning boxes. The ones you posted are 1) saying you have no Forced Authorization Codes active on that pattern and 2) that the pattern itself will be reset to reflect the changes.

If you're not sure what route pattern the phone is using, use the Dialed Number Analyzer on the Unified Servicability page in the tools menu (bearing in mind that the phone will user multiple patterns that might need to be changed)

Again, this is just expounding on Amine's post.

Gareth

Hello Mohamed,

I've tried the translation rule as you suggested with my own ip phone. The rule itself seems to work, however when dialing outside, on the called phone I still see the main number calling. 

test of the translation rules, shows that the translation seems to work:

NED-RT01#test voice translation-rule 1 5033

Matched with rule 1

Original number: 5033   Translated number: 4885033

Original number type: none      Translated number type: none

Original number plan: none      Translated number plan: none

From this can I conclude that our telecom has not activated the features DID and DoD?

debug:

NED-RT01#debug isdn q931

debug isdn q931 is              ON.

NED-RT01#

NED-RT01#term mon

NED-RT01#

NED-RT01#

NED-RT01#

032368: *Nov 16 17:26:27.659: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x3383

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA9839F

Exclusive, Channel 31

Display i = 'Michell Poulina'

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '0204885033'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '630945648'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Can you please advise? Your support is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Michell

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Michellpoulina,

Also follow the steps Amine asked above. make sure that you are using the correct VGW and correct ISDN port.

and i forget something imprortant, please make sure that Telecom already activated these futures (DID and DoD) from there side

Also try the following debug

debug isdn q931

term mon

then make a test call, and check the digits you send to Telecom ( from the IP Phone you want to active its DID), if it is 5001 ( then use the translation rule i mentioned before)

if no, please tell me so we can modify

Regards,
Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

Hello Mohamed,

I've tried the steps as mentioned by Amine. Unfortunately it does not seem to have any effect.

I wanted to aks you this; I did the debug on the voice gateway. To test, I made a call from my ip phone to my mobile phone. (by the way, this is without any of the changes as suggested by Amine)

This came up from the debug:

032353: *Nov 11 08:49:13.451: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x3133

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA9839E

Exclusive, Channel 30

Display i = 'Michell Poulina'

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '0204885033'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '630978965'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

=========

Now the calling party number is my number. Does this mean that the translation to 0204885000 is somehow done by our telecom provider?

Yes .. Service provider can masks the Calling number with the Trunk ID or some .. most likely

or May be Service provider could be expecting different PLAN/TYPE .. most likely not

Ben Fuller
Level 1
Level 1
Did you fix this? Got exactly the same problem. Interested to know what you found
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: