cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

display name on call treatments for blocked numbers

richdodson
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup various call treatments for people who are not allowed to call long distance, international, toll numbers, etc.  I've accomplished this by setting up system call handlers in Unity, recording the greeting, and then setting up a CTI route point that forwards all calls to voicemail.  What I'd like to be able to do is have the display name show up as "Long Distance Denied" or something to that effect.  It seems that my options are to have it display as "VoiceMail" (The display name of the extension that connects to voicemail) or as "Private" if I set the connected party presentation as restricted.  Is there another way I can do this so I can have the display name of the extension show up when the user dials a blocked number?

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What if you defined display name and alerting name on the CTI RPs? If that does not work, I cannot think of any other possible way.

Chris

I have defined the display name on the RP, but as the call is transferred to voicemail, the voicemail display name is shown.

Are you using voicemail to play a custom denied message or something like that?  Curious why you wouldn't just use standard permissioning to restrict those calls within UCM.

Is it possible to play custom messages using the standard permissioning?  If that's the case, that would be a better solution.

There might be something you can do with an annunciator or something in 9+ as I haven't had a whole lot of time with it.  You can block patterns at the route pattern and specify 'unallocated number', 'call rejected', etc.  I guess it depends on if by custom you mean truly custom or just not reorder tone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: