Views
Helpful
Replies

Distinctive Ringing in CUCM 8.5

khanm1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way for enabling distinctive ringing in the CUCM ver 8.5, so far my researched has found that it's not an Option in CUCM enterprise ver.

In addition the setup is that we use auto-attendant feature in turn a call handler is used to forward calls back to the hunt pilot number. Hence cannot achieve this as the call is forwarded.

I know that we can modify this at the gateway end by changing on-net and off-net option but that may not be an option but can be looked upon.

I need someone to authenticate/vlaidate my finding and suggest if alternative.

Thanks,

Mohammed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're correct, you can only change the cadence of the ringtone (not have ringphone A for internal and B for external)

And it only works for calls that are from a CUCM element which can be configured as off-net as GWs and trunks.

This won't work for a transfer from CUC/Unity/UCCX/etc as CTI RP, CTI ports and VM ports are always on-net elements and that cannot be changed

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're correct, you can only change the cadence of the ringtone (not have ringphone A for internal and B for external)

And it only works for calls that are from a CUCM element which can be configured as off-net as GWs and trunks.

This won't work for a transfer from CUC/Unity/UCCX/etc as CTI RP, CTI ports and VM ports are always on-net elements and that cannot be changed

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thank you so much for validating. Appreciate it.

In addition a silly question now when I modify the ring setting for Line1 on a Cisco Phone and will that apply same default setting for a speed dial appearing on side cars? Or they will ring differently.

Regards,

Mohammed

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mohammed,

You can have different rings on the other lines of the IP Phone

Distinctive Ring per Line

This release adds support for seven distinctive ring patterns to Cisco IP phones. Phone users with multiline phones can configure a distinctive ring pattern for each line on the basis of a logical precedence or importance.

This setting is done on the phone itself. Via Settings> User Preferences> Rings

Once there you can select the Line that you want to set a ring for and Select > Play> Select> Save> Exit

Cheers!
Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: