cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

distribution list migration

Colin Crubaugh
Level 1
Level 1

I have successfully migrated all subscribers from unity 7 to unity 8.6 but I am trying to migrate the distribution lists now and don't see where I can do that.  I know the docs say to use cobras but I don't see any option to back up the lists, just the subscribers.  Any info would be greatly appreciated on helping with this matter.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure what you mean - the export portion of COBRAS always gets distribution lists (it's not selectable, this is always included in all backups).

The restore wizard has several pages right up front where you select what to restore (users, call handlers, lists, schedules etc...) - you select which lists you wish to restore here.

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Colin,

I don't mean to jump in here, but I thought you may want to see

this other related info from Lindborg (+5 Jeff)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3249030#324903

Cheers!

Rob

"What you don't have you don't need it now" 

- U2

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure what you mean - the export portion of COBRAS always gets distribution lists (it's not selectable, this is always included in all backups).

The restore wizard has several pages right up front where you select what to restore (users, call handlers, lists, schedules etc...) - you select which lists you wish to restore here.

I guess what I'm saying is through the process of importing all of the users I only did the messages and not the distrubition lists.  That might be my mistake, but now that everything has been moved but the lists can I still import them?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Colin,

I don't mean to jump in here, but I thought you may want to see

this other related info from Lindborg (+5 Jeff)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3249030#324903

Cheers!

Rob

"What you don't have you don't need it now" 

- U2