Views
Helpful
Replies

DLU TO CUWL Migration

Lancer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our customer is currently having CUCM 7.1 with 1000 DLUs. They would like to upgrade the CUCM to 9.x  and they would like to migrate to CUWL. What is the correct way of deciding the user count in CUWL if the customer is currently using DLU. Taking 4 dlu per user it comes to around 250 users.

So shall we quote 250 standard users in our CUWL proposal.

My another scenarios is below.

1. customer user count is 100 and current installed DLU is 1000. They would like to upgrade the CUCM to 9.x from 7.x. The user count requried is only 100 standard users.  If we migrate only 100 users and generate a quote for 100 standard users, what will happen to the remaining DLU's. Will it be migrated automatically.

Krishna

6 Replies 6

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) You can use that math, look at the number of registered devices in RTMT many ways to come up with a count of the number of phones/users

2) ELM will show you your unused DLU and you can use them but keep in mind going forward you will have to pay ESW/UCSS on them. so if you have a customer who got a bunch of DLU(for whatever reason) and they want to start turning up users, while Cisco doesn’t care how you got them or if you even paid for them, once migrated ELM will track it and on the next renewal you will have to pay ESW/UCSS on those licenses. So make sure the customer really wants those licenses to be migrated.

Thanks

Srini

edwardwaithaka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you get a solution to you issue? I am in the same situation. Thanks.

ELM will allow you to modify the allocation of users. Unused DLU will also show up which can be also allocated to end users, however the next time your SNT comes up renewal your UCSS/ESW count will be based on the new user count not what they used to renew in the past.

Steps are here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/elmuserguide/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_E596FD72_00_enterprise-license-manager-user-90_chapter_011.html#CUCM_TK_U8BFB34B_00

Srini

Hi Srini, could you please advise on the DLU to CUWL (STD & PRO) conversion rate? I am finding different answers on the net. Thank you.

If you are referring to an existing cluster like 6/7/8 moving to 9.1 run UCT 2.1 tool from CCO. It will have the math for DLU conversion to ELM licensing. The last time I used it was 12 for PRO and 11 for STD (I realize Cisco changed CUWL STD to be 8 somewhere in the process) but that's how UCT calculates

Srini

Thank you Srini.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: