cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DN not being removed from the Database

jfarrer
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently decided to implement the Attendant Console. In order to do this, we had to remove the DN from the receptionist's phone so we could use it for the Pilot Number. I tried to create the Pilot Number, but received the message that the number was in use. I have done several searches on phones, route patterns and translation patterns, but cannot find it anywhere. I am suspecting that it was not correctly removed from the database. Has anyone had this issue or know how to correct it.

Thanks,

Jack

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jack,

You might be running into this "Unassigned DN" issue. Have a look;

CallManager 4.x: Delete Unassigned Directory Numbers Configuration Example

Cisco CallManager 4.x has a new concept called Unassigned Directory Numbers (DNs). When a DN gets removed/updated from a device or a phone gets deleted, the associated DNs are not removed from the Cisco CallManager database as in earlier versions. They still exist in the Cisco CallManager database as Unassigned DNs. You can see a list of DNs that are not associated with phones in the Route Plan Report menu option.

Note: In Cisco CallManager releases earlier than 4.0, DNs were automatically deleted when a device was deleted. Because line group support is a feature of Cisco CallManager Release 4.x, keeping unassigned DNs is a requirement.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a008073f588.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bjamaspi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jack

Have you checked the Route Plan Report to make sure the DN is deleted.

That did the trick. We found it and deleted it. I was able to add the Pilot.

Thanks,

Jack

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jack,

You might be running into this "Unassigned DN" issue. Have a look;

CallManager 4.x: Delete Unassigned Directory Numbers Configuration Example

Cisco CallManager 4.x has a new concept called Unassigned Directory Numbers (DNs). When a DN gets removed/updated from a device or a phone gets deleted, the associated DNs are not removed from the Cisco CallManager database as in earlier versions. They still exist in the Cisco CallManager database as Unassigned DNs. You can see a list of DNs that are not associated with phones in the Route Plan Report menu option.

Note: In Cisco CallManager releases earlier than 4.0, DNs were automatically deleted when a device was deleted. Because line group support is a feature of Cisco CallManager Release 4.x, keeping unassigned DNs is a requirement.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a008073f588.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: