Views
Helpful
Replies

do we need this cme-srst?

AdamG73545
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I believe we had it worked for some time for example when CCUM goes down (pub & sub) we still could make calls through voice gateway with sip trunk. Now it does not work. I wonder if we need this for our 4331 - cme-srst ?

Thank you 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Your SRST configuration is incomplete. Under call-manager-fallback add these two lines.

max-ephones <number of phones>
max-dn <number of DNs> dual-line

The last part of the second command is optional, aka dual-line can be omitted if not wanted or needed.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

SRST is a RTU license, so technically you don’t need to have any licenses. But to be compliant you should have the appropriate licenses bought. However this is not my strong side, mostly because of it does not interest me one bit. Hopefully someone else can pitch in to help you with this.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, if your CUCM servers are down or unreachable you would need SRST as a backup, whether you need just SRST or CME-as-SRST it's up to you and your needs.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

that's what I thought - it worked for a while so I believe it used some sort of trial license or whatever and now it does not (no any related chnages) 

Are you asking if the command "cme-srst" is required on the 4331 for srst services?

If the configuration worked before, but is no longer working, what changed in between? New router? New IOS-XE version? New CUCM version? Anything?

Maren

that's what I thought - it worked for a while so I believe it used some sort of trial license or whatever and now it does not (no any related changes) 

License Type: EvalRightToUse

License State: Active, Not in Use, EULA accepted

Evaluation total period: 8  weeks 4  days

Evaluation period left: 8  weeks 0  day

Period used: 3  days 3  hours

Lock type: Non Node locked

Vendor info: <UDI><PID>NOTLOCKED</PID><SN>NOTLOCKED</SN></UDI><T>RTU</T>

License Addition: Additive

License Generation version: 0x8200000

License Count: 0/0  (In-use/Violation)

License Priority: Low

Store Index: 5

Store Name: Built-In License Storage

Do you have SRST configured on the router? The license shows as not in use. Can you please share your configuration from the router?

Response Signature

As @Roger Kallberg mentioned, could you please share the configuration, router versions details.

Response Signature

AdamG73545
Level 1
Level 1

I am attaching the output with version, config, and license output. Thank you

Your SRST configuration is incomplete. Under call-manager-fallback add these two lines.

max-ephones <number of phones>
max-dn <number of DNs> dual-line

The last part of the second command is optional, aka dual-line can be omitted if not wanted or needed.

Response Signature

thank you for reply,  should I also hit this command:

license accept end user agreement 

???

It would not hurt anything, but your license status shows as accepted, so it should not be needed.

License State: Active, Not in Use, EULA accepted

Response Signature

AdamG73545
Level 1
Level 1

SRST is a RTU license, so technically you don’t need to have any licenses. But to be compliant you should have the appropriate licenses bought. However this is not my strong side, mostly because of it does not interest me one bit. Hopefully someone else can pitch in to help you with this.

Response Signature

Thank you Roger for providing specific details about what is missing and what needs to be done. I see max-ephones is 110 so if we have 130 only 110 will be connected to SR4331 but its still better than none of the phone. I will schedule CCUM down time and test new config.

Thank you all again for your help here.