cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does an Extension mobility profile count towards number of devices in HCS licensing?

jinish.valath
Level 1
Level 1

If a user has Basic or Foundation HCS license applied, can the user have an extension mobility profile as well as a phone assigned? Will the number of devices be counted as 2(changes to Standard license) or 1?

I am referring to 'Number of devices' mentioned in Table 5 of the below document on page 4.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/hcs/10_6_1/HCS_Solution/License_Management/CHCS_BK_CE14E5C6_00_cisco-hcs-10-6-1-license-management/CHCS_BK_CE14E5C6_00_cisco-hcs-10-6-1-license-management_chapter_01.pdf

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jinish,

Let me simplify things, the license count is phone based. So, the way it works is:

1. A user with an EM profile created on CUCM but with no devices owned will not consume any license.

2.  A phone with no owner will use a license.

Regards,

Aseem Anand

(Please rate if useful)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

vigupta3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jinish,

Thanks for your participation in promoting this HCS Forum.

I went through the Query that you have posted. Below is my response.

In HCS Basic license only one hard phone can be associated with a user profile and if some user needs a second device, he needs to buy standard license.

In Cisco HCS Foundation license users can use one device associated with a user profile. Below is the list of Devices which is counted as one devcice:

Hard phone, Soft client, Mobile client, FMC, or third-party SIP device. For a list of approved devices, seeCisco HCS Device Support at https:/​/​communities.cisco.com/​community/​partner/​collaboration/​uc/​hcs/​blog/​2014/​05/​12/​cisco-hcs-10-license-references.

So in short, whether its Basic or Foundation, if a user wants to use more than one device they need to buy Standard License.

For Eg: If a user logs into EM, his license will be counted as one. But if that same user wants another Hardphone or Softphone, he should have Standard license enrolled.

Thanks,

Vishal

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your input. Referring to the below comment:

"Hard phone, Soft client, Mobile client, FMC, or third-party SIP device. For a list of approved devices, seeCisco HCS Device Support at https:/​/​communities.cisco.com/​community/​partner/​collaboration/​uc/​hcs/​blog/​2014/​05/​12/​cisco-hcs-10-license-references."

extension mobility does not seem to be counted as a device that consumes a license (I am assuming soft phone is not extension mobility). If that's the case, a user with a hardcoded phone as well as extension mobility profile should consume just one device license (which is that of the hardcoded phone)?

Another scenario: If we deployed 10 users with extension mobility and no physical phones associated to them, then we add 10 physical phones with logged out extensions (that do not have any users associated),how would licenses work? As in what is the license count? Is it 10 or 20?

Thank you.

Regards

Jinish

Hi Jinish,

Let me simplify things, the license count is phone based. So, the way it works is:

1. A user with an EM profile created on CUCM but with no devices owned will not consume any license.

2.  A phone with no owner will use a license.

Regards,

Aseem Anand

(Please rate if useful)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: