cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does anyone understand how Conference Now is different from MeetMe (CUCM 11)?

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

Hi everyone,

I read of a new feature in CUCM 11 called Conference Now. Apart from there being an IVR for Conference Now, I don't see what's the added value when compared with Meet Me. You still dial into an allocated DN and supply this DN to all participants. Can someone elaborate on this? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM 11 adds conference bridge native to CUCM. CUCM 11 conference bridge works as below:

1) It allows users to join a conference by dialing a conference IVR DN.

2) Internal or External Users dial the IVR DN to join the conference.

3) IVR Prompts participant for a Meeting number (configurable in End User Pages)

4) Participant asked for a host code/attendee access code.

5) If conference is started, user added to conference

6) If conference is not started, participant put on hold and receives Music On Hold till Host opens the bridge.

While Meet-me is just a very basic conference functionality: no authentication, no call queued/MoH if host has not opened the lines, needs Meet-me softkeys for internals users etc.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM 11 adds conference bridge native to CUCM. CUCM 11 conference bridge works as below:

1) It allows users to join a conference by dialing a conference IVR DN.

2) Internal or External Users dial the IVR DN to join the conference.

3) IVR Prompts participant for a Meeting number (configurable in End User Pages)

4) Participant asked for a host code/attendee access code.

5) If conference is started, user added to conference

6) If conference is not started, participant put on hold and receives Music On Hold till Host opens the bridge.

While Meet-me is just a very basic conference functionality: no authentication, no call queued/MoH if host has not opened the lines, needs Meet-me softkeys for internals users etc.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thanks Terry. So Conference Now is a slightly more robust audio conferencing solution, not a replacement for Meeting Place. Is it possible to use an external hardware conference bridge for Conference Now so that I don't use up CUCM software resources? 

Hello,

From the prerequisites of Conference Now Feature:

Interactive Voice Response (IVR) resource must be configured and the IVR resources have to be available to use the feature.

Which IVR they are mentioning here ? are they mentioning about Cisco IP IVR or third party application ?

If it is 3rd party which application is compatible with cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: