cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CUCM 11.0 supports third-party soft phone to register over TLS?

Chen-Che.Huang1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I am trying to configure CUCM 11.0 to allow a third-party soft phone to register to CUCM over TLS (SIP over TLS), but failed.

Does CUCM 11.0 supports third-party soft phone to register over TLS? If so, please kindly point out the relevant material.

PS. I found some document said that CUCM 9.0 does not support third-party soft phone to register over TLS.

Best regards,

Chen-Che

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kevin Roarty
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are multiple 3rd party device types that non-cisco endpoints can be provisioned under, but the only type that offers SIP TLS is the "Third party AS-SIP Endpoint'.  This capability was introduced in 9.0 and still exists in 11.0, but was not included in the streamlined 11.0 docs.

You can likely get this working with 11.0 CUCM following the 9.0 docs that introduce support for the AS-SIP device type and related configuration.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide, Release 9.0(1) - AS-SIP configuration [Cisco Unified Communic…

HTH,

Kevin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kevin Roarty
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are multiple 3rd party device types that non-cisco endpoints can be provisioned under, but the only type that offers SIP TLS is the "Third party AS-SIP Endpoint'.  This capability was introduced in 9.0 and still exists in 11.0, but was not included in the streamlined 11.0 docs.

You can likely get this working with 11.0 CUCM following the 9.0 docs that introduce support for the AS-SIP device type and related configuration.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide, Release 9.0(1) - AS-SIP configuration [Cisco Unified Communic…

HTH,

Kevin

Chen-Che.Huang1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kevin,

I've tried the "Third-party AS-SIP endpoint" but did not succeed. If CUCM 11.0 does support this, I will continue to work on this issue. Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

Chen-Che

Yeah, I think it's worth opening a TAC case for AS-SIP endpoint config assistance on the CUCM side.  The TAC isn't responsible for troubleshooting 3rd party soft clients, so there will be a boundary.  But they are typically very helpful in troubleshooting and identifying the root of the problem.

-Kevin

Did it work for you on  CUCM 11.0 with the third party  softphones